Chapter Ten.

The Mercedes pulled up at a big mansion-like house in Sandton. Why someone like Jason who lived in Sandton would go all the way to Pretoria just to buy himself a prostitute was honestly beyond me. I wouldn't have travelled so far to pick up a thing like me for almost two million rands. But nonetheless, I'm so thankful he found himself amongst the sadistic men there.

We entered through the double doors. This has to be a mansion, I tell you. "Please close your mouth. I'm sure your breath stinks bad enough." He teased, but that honestly tugged painfully at my insides. I didn't even have a remark for him due to my shock towards his choice of words. "I'm kidding." He laughs, and you know what's funny? He was laughing alone the whole time. I hope he felt embarrassed, busy laughing at a sensitive issue, alone. Psychotic if you ask me.

I never looked at Jason properly until now. He looked like someone I knew, but I couldn't pinpoint it exactly. But then there was a knock on the door and he instructed me to follow one of the scullery maids so I could put on more decent clothing.

"It's the first Mr Patel brings someone dressed like you." The maid said as she opened a door and gestured for me to walk in. Like, was everyone out to roast me today? "There are the clothes you were instructed to wear. And make sure you are downstairs by the time you hear the bell for supper." And with that, she left.

I looked at the clothes I was instructed to wear which were nicely placed on the three-quarter bed. I am expected to wear a pair of jeans and a plain sweatshirt? What's wrong with this world? Expecting prostitutes or even slaves to wear casually? Don't get me wrong, but I like it. I quickly slipped on whatever I needed to wear and I had a hard time deciding whether I should still wear the undergarments inside or not. And you know what, I'd rather wear these skimpy things inside if it meant I wouldn't have my breasts perked and showing through the sweatshirt.

Then the next inner conflict I had was whether to go downstairs and look for Jason or have him come haul me up from this room. I decided to wait and look around the room instead, because if he needed me then he would call me for me, right? So I looked around and this room looked a lot like those hotel rooms I've seen in those Home magazines. The bed was covered in all white for some odd reason. The headboard was a dark wood that was nicely framed in a cubical shape over the head of the bed. The plain curtains were a colour of some sort of greyish-white and the lace curtains had some fancy patterns that made me cringe.

This was too fancy. I missed the plain room in Khaya's apartment. It had more colour to it, that gave me some sort of hope that my future would be as bright, and colourful. Not as dull as this forsaken room for goodness' sake. As I was busy analysing this room, the very same maid who ordered me earlier on entered the room and told me that Jason had summoned for me. Imagine. Someone summoning for me like it's some royal castle. The nerve...

I made my way down the stairs I used earlier and I must say that what I wore was very comfortable. It was cold out and this sweatshirt made a huge difference compared to a gown, bra and pair of panties. As I made my way back into the foyer I nearly had all the air knocked out of my lungs when I saw a familiar certain someone.

Khaya.

And a girl.

Before I could run in the opposite direction to avoid any confrontation, the girl spoke. "Khaya, isn't that the girl who tried her luck with you a few days ago?" As those words left her through her brightly coloured lips, Khaya rotated his head ever so slowly that I was sure whatever bone responsible for that had been under a tremendous amount of strain from the slow-motion he just did. Or maybe I just imagined it?

"Mango?" He seemed just as surprised as I was. But what surprised me was the girl who knew me and I didn't know her, but she looked too damn familiar. She looked just like Jason, but a female version. "What are you doing here?" My attention refocused back on Khaya. Before I could even answer, Jason walked in and answered the question himself.

"Oh, she's the new girlfriend I was telling you about. Quite the catch, yeah?" Jason really has the audacity to go purchase me and call me his girlfriend. The little snake was lying through his teeth, but I couldn't object just yet. I knew I was bought for a reason and I damn well knew I had to accept whatever the reason may be.

Khaya looked at me for confirmation and I just blankly stared back. I wasn't going to agree and I wasn't going to deny it. If he wanted to take it the wrong way, then that was his tissue to blow on. "Well, I didn't know Mango and yourself knew each other." Khaya almost whispered. Okay, this was becoming more awkward than I had ever anticipated.

"My skat, this girl moves fast. From you to me beating her up, to the hospital and now she's here?" She turned to face me and smirked, "Wow, you make me proud to be a coloured." She winked and at that moment everything I had trouble remembering flooded my thoughts rapidly.

She's Narelle. The devil's very own daughter. She's the one who had nearly cracked my skull over a little misunderstanding. She's the one who had purposely wanted to see me suffer because she knows she can't keep Khaya on a leash. Guys, the devil is a liar. Don't let him snatch your soul.

"You little devil." I sneered as she just waved me off. Khaya on the other hand looked like a damned statue, busy staring me down like some sort of psycho. "Would you please look elsewhere? You're making me so uncomfortable and I wouldn't want Mrs Wrestle Mania over here to knock my teeth out."

Narelle turned to give me a side-eyed glare before pulling Jason to the living room. "I wouldn't do anything I'm not supposed to if I were you, Mango." She laughed as she entered the living room, Jason followed closely behind leaving Khaya and me to stand here with all the awkward silence in the air.

"You seem feistier than before. Did the blow to the head do you some good?" He smiled after saying that and I was slowly becoming more irritated by his insensitive sense of humour.

"Yeah, it taught me a few good things here and there."

"Like what?"

"Like you're an ass for leaving me with my so-called father who took me to a brothel somewhere in Pretoria where I got raped for the 100th time in my life and I couldn't walk until this morning. Now I'm stuck here because that stupid Jason bought my pathetic ass and now I have to see you and that sadistic twat swaddle in here all smiles while I can't even think straight!" By the time I was done with my little tantrum, it occurred to me that I said more than I was supposed to and now Khaya stood there wide-eyed with his mouth opening and closing like some fish out of water.

I took a deep breath and released it ever so slowly, controlling the anger and embarrassment coursing through my body. I didn't even want to hear what he had to say about this so I turned around and made my way towards the stairs. I'd rather sit in that bland room than stand there and battle with myself on whether to slap him or kick him or give him a nice right hook. But like déjà vu, he grabbed my arm and gently pulled me down the flight of stairs.

"You got raped and sold by your own father?" He seemed flabbergasted and angry at once. But he couldn't be angry, because he had no right to be. I was the one who was supposed to be angry beyond measure because I was the one who was passed around like some cheap hoe, not him. I got my rights stripped away from me and he has the nerve to be angry about it? Piece of sh*t.

Before I could voice my thoughts Jason walked in and called us for supper, and as I walked past Khaya he gave me a stern look that I understood all too well. This topic wasn't going to be dropped just like that, because he wanted to know and I had a lot to get off my chest. He has to be the one on the receiving end of my wrath, my misery and my fists because he was the one who had landed me here in the first place.

Ai, it was difficult to get to a thousand words because I was completely blank for a while. Might be a little boring, but bear with me. :-( Anywho, there are some inside jokes here and there that are meant for a friend of mine that called me a little devil, because she thought she was eviler than me... I mean, come on. That's impossible.😂 BUT thank you to EVERYBODY for reading thus far. We've finally reached the halfway mark. :-)  I do appreciate it so much. Ily!❤
Okay, bye.🌚