Chapter Eleven.

Khaya

Suggested songs for this chapter:
a) Perfect Illusion - Lady Gaga
b) Deuces - Chris Brown ft Tyga and Kevin McCall

Yesterday was a long day, honestly. My best friend, Jason called me up to come to see his new home in Sandton and that he wanted me to meet his new girlfriend. What shocked me is that he bought a home for starters and that he got himself a girlfriend. Jason doesn't date and he doesn't like big spaces unoccupied. So it was honestly beyond me how he worked that fast at developing his life for the better. Note the sarcasm there?

So I got there with Narelle. She had been in a good mood ever since she landed Mango in hospital. She'd make me breakfast in bed and constantly ask if I needed anything. Honestly, I was tired of it all. I know Narelle thinks I might leave her one day, which I'm not even going to deny, but having her treat me like some five-year-old child was getting on my nerves. Another thing that shocked me was her reaction when we walked into Jason's only to find Mango there with him.

She was first shocked, then confused, then she eventually went back to her normal boring self and just kept on picking on Mango the entire time. While I on the other hand was more confused than anything in this world. I remember leaving Mango at the hospital and I made sure her father picked her up. And now she was with Jason and she was introduced as his girlfriend. Like, what the actual f*ck is going on?

Mango's reaction was no different from mine, but then she became angry instantly. She wasn't one to show her emotions. I haven't known her long at all, but I could tell she didn't like anyone knowing she had any sort of feelings. She looked tired, but she had this glow. I thought I was seeing stuff. Really, I felt crazy seeing her beauty while my girlfriend was literally throwing daggers at me with her eyes. Then you get Jason who was completely clueless about the situation at that moment, and I was so damn thankful for that. I didn't want to have to explain myself to him, or anything for that matter.

Then I thought to the time we stood in the foyer without Narelle and Jason. The time when she mistakenly revealed everything that happened those past two to three days. The words were still fresh out the box even now.

"Like you're an ass for leaving me with my so-called father who took me to a brothel somewhere in Pretoria where I got raped for the 100th time in my life and I couldn't walk until this morning. Now I'm stuck here because that stupid Jason bought my pathetic ass and now I have to see you and that sadistic twat wobble in here all smiles while I can't even think straight!"

I couldn't even think straight either after that. The defeat that flashed through her features when Jason interrupted was enough reason for me to make the decision I decided on yesterday after the supper. All I could think about was Mango. Be it Mango being raped, or Mango being pampered, it didn't quite matter because she overtook my thoughts completely. At first, I thought it was a bad thing with having Narelle as my girlfriend, but then I realized I didn't love Narelle and I didn't like her as much anymore.

Before my thoughts could wander any further, Narelle walked through the door with plastic bags full of groceries from the SuperSpar downstairs. The very sight of her made me want to snap her neck, literally. She's more annoying now that she knows Mango is with her brother. She's more unattractive now more than ever. "Khaya?" I lifted my eyes to look at her face. What did I like about her anyway? "I asked if you wanted me to make you something to eat and it's like you didn't hear me. Is something wrong?" She asked sincerely.

Do you see what I meant? She's too kind these days and it pisses me off. Somehow it's like she knew Mango was some sort of threat and maybe she thought that if she'd act as humble as Mango was then I wouldn't have to go after Mango? Well, either way, she and I won't work. Mostly because I'm not blinded anymore, and because I discovered I felt something for Mango. Something more meaningful than what I have with Narelle. "I don't want anything from you, because I'm done with you."

"Excuse me?" She seemed confused in a way, but I didn't care anymore. Any sliver of regard I had left for her was now nonexistent.

"It's over between us, Narelle." I turned my head to focus on the television that I was supposed to watch, but it was watching me instead.

Narelle chuckled as she made her way towards me, "You can't dump me. And you don't have a good enough reason for your kak." She scoffed, while I rolled my eyes.

"We always try to see eye to eye, but it's like we're both blind. I was mostly blind. I don't feel like we're vibing. So leave your keys on the kitchen counter and give me back that ruby ring with the big diamond." I was already tired of talking. I remember giving her the ring a few months after we started dating. It was a forced gift I felt obliged to get because I didn't want to piss her off. Now that I thought about everything, I couldn't care less.

She stood in front of the tele, blocking my view completely. I didn't mind, because I wasn't paying any attention. "I see. It's that Mango girl, isn't it? She's the reason you dumping me?" That was half the truth. But her attitude towards this breakup was annoying. I just wanted her out.

"No. I finally noticed it. It finally hit. Like Amanda did Cassper in the limo, it finally hit me. Shit is over, what are you tripping for? I don't wanna have to let you go, but baby I think it's better if I let you know that when it's all said and done, I ain't gon' be the one that you can always run to. And all that attitude, I don't care about it. But all the shit I'll do for her, you gon' her about it."

Another cackle sounded from her and she clapped her hands in disbelief, I'm guessing. "So this is because of her. I thought you loved me."

Now I was the one laughing at how pathetic Narelle looked, "I was trying to keep control. The pressure was taking its toll. I was stuck in the middle zone, but I never wanted you alone. It wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion. Mistaken for love." I finished off as I stood up, made my way to the main door by the kitchen, and opened it for her. I gestured for her to find her way out before I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"You sick, jou foken hond." She nearly shouted in defeat. She stopped before me and slapped me well on my left cheek. That made me smirk in a way, satisfied with the pain I was able to inflict on her. She deserved that much. She walked past me, not before I said something as a remark.

"Ek het jou poes geniet. Bye." With that, I slammed the door in her face and took a breather. A relieved breather at that. I felt so f*cking free. Lord knows how much burden has been taken off my shoulders the moment that lady walked out that door, and out of my life. I felt like a f*cking new man, you know what I mean?

But then my mind traveled to Mango and her glowing skin. I've never seen anyone glow so abnormally except my sister, Buhle, but she was pregnant at that time. And Mango can't be pregnant. There was no way that could happen.

But she got raped recently. Possibilities are off the charts.

Ayeye. ^^wink wink^^. Something's cooking and it's going to be finger-licking good. ^^rubs hands together^^ Dry joke, I know. 😂😂😂 Anywho, I gave the shortest playlist above because I felt like the two songs somewhat related to this chapter in specific. And I just had to use the song's lyrics, because thinking like a guy is beyond my evil powers.

Okay, toodles.🌚