Chapter 5

Part 5

Few days passed and having a baby around was not easy. Suman was struggling trying to finish few new designs for the boutique promising her boss Lisa that she will get her work done at home , but with Aarav around it was a hard adjustment. She was trying to contact her sister but no one answered! She tried to contact some of her sisters friends but they didn't have any news . Rachna called a few times only to get updated.

Suman was giving Aarav a bath and placed a baby tub in the sink and filled it with warm water . He smiled and relaxed himself in her arm as she poured the water over his body and soaped him carefully . She somehow was also enjoying herself as she shampooed his black hair delicately and rinsed it under the warm tap water making sure it doesn't touch his eyes

She's been reading some baby tips online and brought a book on raising children's to guide her and learned to hold him in different comfortable positions.

"You like that don't you ?"she saw how happy he looked under the water as he was blabbering cutely .Her hands massages his head gentle , she read that the cranium of the baby isn't fully developed in the first couple of months .

"Hmm all cleaned up ! And you smell sooo good !" Her eyes gleamed with enthusiasm, She wasn't going to lie having him was a sense of support for her . For the pass years she's been living alone in her apartment , it was nice having Aarav. She would randomly talk to herself and he would just listen quietly blinking his eyes innocently or smile at her even though he didn't understand.

Suddenly she heard a knock on the door and wrapped Aarav in a cute duck towel covering him and opened the door .

There stood Shravan Malhotra dressed casually in a black t-shirt and jeans . Araav was lingering over her arm happily loving the warm air hitting his feet

Suman eyes widened slightly embarrassed wearing g her pink shorts and white tan top with her hair in a loose braid .

Shravan chuckled seeing her wearing bunny slippers yet found it cute

"Hi ,I'm here to take you and Aarav for the DNA test "

Suman stood at the door surprised before the baby's gurgling brought her back .

"Uuhhh now?"

Shravan nodded "now or never .."

"Wait how did you get my address?"

"I have my ways "

Suman chuckled "right ..well you could have just given us a rendezvous"

"I just thought it's easier if we all just went together" he explained yet an excuse to meet her again

She realized he was still at the door step "ohh I'm sorry please come in"

Shravan looked in her eyes before walking in , he decided to do the test for her satisfaction and for her trust . After she left his office he didn't want her to have a picture of him potentially being the father when it wasn't true ! He can't handle people suspecting him for anything he didn't do ! And he wanted to prove her wrong no matter what ! Or else there was no way she would be interested in him ...like he was for her .

"Make yourself at home I'll just finish getting this Monkey ready" she teased looking at Aarav who was enjoying himself hanging on her arm in a towel .

Shravan nodded looking around she had a nice cosy apartment. He saw some designs of wedding gowns on her Kitchen table and had few toys laying on the couch with his baby cart in the middle of the living room .