Chapter 4 (Dinner)

I fix the cuffs on my tuxedo at the bottom of the staircase, I hope this won't be as awkward as I expect. 

Mila walks down in a lovely dress but I can't help looking behind her, Victor managed to rustle up a tux from somewhere and it's like he was made for it, he looks beyond stunning. 

He really is like an angel, my angel. 

I take Mila's arm and Victor walks alongside me, I point out some first-class patrons telling him about the scandals up here while he laughs quietly. 

The meal goes by with quiet conversation and glares from Yurio. 

I never go with the men to the smoking room and Victor also declined so we sit silently with Mila, her mother and Yurio who's still a little too young to go. 

"Well it's time for me to go back to the slave quarters" Victor holds his hand out and shakes mine, my eyes go wide when I feel a piece of paper being passed to me. 

He walks away and I subtly look at the note 'life and love, meet me at the clock'  Intriguing.... should I go? What do I have to lose? 

"Excuse me Mila darling" 

I kiss her hand and walk off to the clock on the grand staircase, I laugh a little when I see him with his hands in his pockets and smirk on his face. 

"Now, want to go to a real party?"