Chapter 7

I walk into work, with my hair straight and two braids on the side of my head with a new outfit that I as well bought yesterday. I guess I'm trying a little to dress up but I am doing it because I want too.

A lot of people seemed to stare at me walking out of the elevator and I felt a load of judgement

I grabbed my coffee, and walked by Justin's office, his door wide open but he wasn't in it so I just shrug it off and walk into my office.

"You went out with Justin yesterday?" Zac storms in, his eyes locked on mine, with such anger

"He felt I should come" I respond" It wasn't like a date or anything, he had to get some work done there" I assured him.

"Really? he's going to take you to a fucking party for work...My ass" he says in a loud, unpleasant tone"On every damn article about Justin, you are fucking in it"
I go on google and search Justin's name"Relax" I say and I see a whole lot of articles about if I was his new girlfriend and other stuff about what he's been up too.
"He comes in and changes every fucking thing creating some bullshit for everybody and you fucking like this corny bastard" he shouts
"Hey, he isn't a bad guy" I snap" why are you so mad for? He made things easy for a lot of us"
"Look, I'm not mad I'm just tryna watch out for you" he sighs" he made things harder for me but for everybody else, he's doing such a great job" he mocks, and looks away
"If you want, I can talk to him"
"No, thanks" he says before walking off
I stare at the computer for a minute before going out to talk to Zac again because I do feel bad, he's just stressed or jealous since I do know he has something for me and he's my only real friend here.
I go out to find Zac and see Justin and four clean, young men with tux's come out the elevator, walking in here like they came out of a movie.
"Hey J-"
He walks by me with his group and the group stares at me before walking in his office with him.
That was embarrassing, I turn to see my coworkers just starring at me.
I rush back into my office, he didn't even look at me.
A hour goes by, and I'm still thinking about how weird that was, why was he with those people and I knew he heard me but totally walked by.
"A meeting is in 5 minutes" my coworker, Janet comes in
I nod and she smiles" did you have fun yesterday?"
"Yeah?" I say, confused because she never talks to me about anything.
"Good"
I just follow her to the meeting room where Justin and the same group of men were standing waiting for everybody to sit down.
The meeting ends and I sit there in confusion, Justin didn't give me eye contact once, Zac didn't sit next to me and everybody was acting weird around me especially when these upper class men were whispering things to Justin and starring right at me.
Everybody walks out and so does Justin and I follow behind about to get his attention when someone taps me on the shoulder.
"Hello" an attractive, blonde tall haired man with blue eye says, smiling wide with his eyes on mine starring into my soul.
"Hi" I shyly say and put my hand out and he shakes it."My name is Chantel"
"You don't have to introduce yourself, I know who you are" he lifts an eyebrow, still smiling" My name is James"
"Oh" I surprisingly respond"Nice to meet you"
"Justin was going to introduce you to us but he keeps procrastinating, so I might as well do it myself"
I wanted to ask why but I nodded" So it seems you are going to help us out"
"Yeah, it helps both companies" he licks his lip and looks around" is there coffee here?"
"Yeah I can show you"
He nods and I lead the way to the coffee area and he starts taking out the spoon in the dwoors like he knew where everything was already.
"Why you working here? Shouldn't you be modeling somewhere?" He smirks, knowing what he said was cheesy.
I blushed anyway and shook my head" I like working at a office, I mean yeah this wasn't my dream job but it's good pay"
"Where'd you want to work?" He turns on the coffee pot and leans on the table.
"Well I wanted to-"
"Why you over here talking to my assistant?" Justin walks in, with his eyebrows narrowed
I look at him and James just shrugs "I wanted coffee, she knew where it is"
"How bout you ask me instead next time" he demanded and looked right at me
"I'm just going to go back to work" I bite my lip
"Yeah should of done that already" he says in a sarcastic tone and I look at him in confusion but start walking out.
Why was he acting this way with me?