Don't Blame Me

Don't blame me, love made me crazy - if it doesn't, you ain't doing it right. For you, I would cross the line, I would waste my time, I would lose my mind... they say she's gone too far this time.

  жжж  

            Jughead Jones was a man with a cause. He always had just that extra bit of fight in him that made him respectable, intriguing even. Alice Cooper knew just how easy it was for blue-eyed, blonde girls to fall for brooding, lamenting Jones boys.

When Alice found out, through her many sources, that her daughter was at Pop's with Jughead after he had found out about the Twilight drive-in closing, she grabbed her keys and raced to the diner. She knew enough about Jughead's type to know that he would likely be off on a tangent as he found to keep his job. She also knew that if her daughter was anything like she was, Betty wouldn't be able to resist Jughead's rebellious ways.

She was thankful to have arrived when she did, because it appeared as though Betty, Archie, and Veronica – the trio that so many had deemed the love triangle from hell – were in deep conversation. "Get in the car, Betty." She demanded, her blonde hair bouncing from the sudden stop. "Now."

When Betty complied without a word, Alice started up the argument that they so often had. "What have I told you about those two?"

Her daughter was in no mindset to go over this again, "Can we just go?"

жжж

Cooper women had always been good at knowing a mystery when they come across one. That's why Betty and Alice both knew that something was not quite right with Archie. They lived across the street from him, there were some things that you just couldn't help noticing. Of course, Betty knew much more than her mother at that point. But there was just enough mystery left to prompt an investigation.

That's how Betty found out about Archie and Miss Grundy's relationship, about the gun, about Jennifer Gibson, and about the late-night lessons. And so, amidst all the Jason Blossom murder drama, the boy next door, Archie Andrews, was suddenly up to his neck in a spectacle of his own.

Alice had tried to do her own investigating, as she dragged Hal over to the neighbours' house and knocked on the door. "We're sorry to come unannounced, Fred." he began, hoping he could act as a buffer for whatever erratic behaviour his wife may suddenly produce. "It's been a rough couple months for us. But, Alice and I –"

"We think that Archie and Betty should stop spending time together." Alice interjected before Hal could undermine her whole intent. If Archie Andrews was Betty's FP Jones, just as Jason Blossom had been Polly's, it was better that Alice took control and forbid them from seeing each other to prevent any future heartbreak. "Their relationship isn't good for either of them. And their respective behaviour reflects that."

"Alright," Hal said, obviously uncomfortable knowing that it was only a matter of time before Alice made some comment that alluded to the fact that her and her daughter was better than Fred and his son. "so if there was anything you could do on your end..."

"My son's a good kid." Fred stated calmly, unfazed by the Cooper's characteristic display.

"I live next door, Fred." Alice stated, "I see him sneaking out at night, slinking off into the darkness at all hours."

Fred had been meaning to talk to Archie about where exactly he had been spending his nights, but he didn't need Alice Cooper's help in doing so. "Alice," he began, clearly rather amused by her whole childish debacle. "are you spying on us?"