Two Ghosts

Same lips red, same eyes blue. Same white shirt, couple more tattoos.

жжж

A few nights ago, Alice had been forced to come face to face with FP Jones for the first time in years. Their brief interaction had practically left her mind screaming. Screaming because remember those old wounds that she was never talking about? Apparently, they weren't as healed as she'd hoped they were. So, instead of allowing herself to be humbled by this realization, she closed herself back up. She accused him of murder.

But it's not you and it's not me.

If she didn't think too hard about it, Alice's reasoning was sound. It made sense in her mind. FP was no killer, she thought that she could say that with the utmost certainty. But she didn't say that, in fact, she said just the opposite. But, the truth of the matter was, now that her perfect life and family had fallen apart, she needed her image more than ever.

She was on the hunt for safety, and it was a challenge before because she'd only ever known true safety in one place – with one person. But, she couldn't very well just go running back to that life now that things were crumbling. As much as she wanted to, that was not something that she could even let herself consider.

There were too many complications, now. She'd spent her whole life disclaiming the Southside and all who resided there, she'd burnt supposedly irreparable bridges. She was married – kind of – and he was married – kind of. Not to mention, their children were in a relationship. It was out of the question, Alice couldn't even acknowledge it as an option.

So, if FP was out of the picture for good, behind bars so that Alice would never have to run into him again, it would make things a lot easier for her. Seeing him the other night forced long suppressed memories and feelings to come flooding back. She realized that she never really let herself get over him, and that it would be far too easy to let herself be tempted by his rugged ways – even knowing that it may inevitably lead to more heartache.

Alice did what she did best – targeted the Southside. She'd always loved to do this at the Register, thinking that somehow attacking the Serpents made her look better. So, that was just what she was doing. But, in order to do so, she needed a sacrificial lamb. FP Jones would play that part perfectly. There was no doubt in her mind that he never pulled the trigger, but it was completely possible that he was caught up in it somehow. The Serpents were known for taking odd jobs under the radar, usually illegal – Alice knew that all too well.

жжж

Tastes so sweet, looks so real. Sounds like something that I used to feel.

 жжж  

FP laughed bitterly, much to Jughead's confusion, when his son told him about Alice Cooper's dinner invitation. "What?" Jughead asked, confused as to why FP found this comical. "She thinks it's important for our families to get to know each other."

FP raised an eyebrow, but a sour smirk remained on his face. He saw right through her. "Alice said that?" That's how he knew something was shady. Their families already knew each other, quite well. He and Alice both knew that there was no need for them to get to know each other, as she put it, they were very well acquainted. She must have had some ulterior motives, and he had a strong feeling that it had everything to do with how suspicious she had been of him when he showed up in her neighbourhood a few nights ago.

"Yes, don't you agree?" Jughead lowered his eyebrows, he thought that his father had cleaned up his act. The trailer was clean, he had shaved, he wasn't drinking, and yet he was still going to turn down a seemingly innocent dinner invitation?