Chapter Ten

Dating Pete, Patrick realized, was a lot like being his best friend. They'd always been close, but now that they're a couple, they've only been closer.

They hung out almost every day after school at Pete's house, and took solace in the fact that they could be as loving as they wanted to. They weren't out to the public, as Patrick could never push that on him, knowing what it was like.

Patrick didn't want Pete to go through what he did. He didn't want him to get made fun of, even if Pete didn't care about that.

When they would hang out, they'd talk about their dreams, their futures, and most things in between. It was sweet, and a lot better to think about now that things were better since The Coming Out Incident.

Patrick was finally happy again.

---

"Do you really think your parents have no idea what's going on?" Patrick asked, rolling over on the bed to face him.

Pete shrugged. "I don't really mind either way." He leaned in and kissed Patrick briefly, smiling. "I love you."

Pete tasted sweeter than any candy out there. Patrick even felt a spark when they kissed, and just felt things he didn't feel with anyone else. All those boys he had kissed before held no flame to what Pete meant to him.

"I love you too," Patrick said back to him.

And then Patrick's phone vibrated slightly, causing him to let out a loud sigh. The texting from "Satan" had only continued, and it was getting more annoying day by day.

He picked up his phone and checked out the stupid text.

Satan: You know, I think I'm getting close to being ready to reveal myself to you.

"Patrick, pay attention to me!" Pete whined, scooting closer so he could read the text too. "Ew, he still texts you?"

"Yeah," Patrick replied, feeling a sudden surge of anger.

"If you play nice and sweet, he'll probably reveal who he is quicker," Pete suggested. "Pretend that you're over what he did."

"Ew," Patrick scrunched his nose up. "I don't even want to pretend. He's so shitty."

"I know," Pete kissed his cheek. "But think about it this way: if he never outed you, you probably would've kept your straight act going, and I never would've had the courage to make a move."

"I suppose," Patrick sighed. "But I would've came out eventually." Pete raised an eyebrow at that. "I would've!"

Patrick shook his head and focused on how to play nice with "Satan".

PS: Really? Xx

"Kisses, really?" Pete laughed loudly.

"Hey, he'll probably go ballistic over that!" Patrick argued.

He probably did internally, because it took him like two minutes to respond with a short message.

Satan: Yeah. Xx.

And he fucking sent kisses back.

Pete was practically shaking with laughter, and Patrick was trying to make him shut up. "This is serious!" he complained. "Seriously gross!"

"I know," Pete gasped. "He's just so dumb."

PS: I was getting a bit tired of waiting. Xx.

Satan: Thought you said you wouldn't wait? Xx.

PS: Guess I just came around like you said I would. Xx.

Patrick shuddered, looking away from his phone for a minute. "Why am I even doing this?"

"So we can know who he is and beat him up, maybe?" Pete suggested.

Patrick stared at him. "Do you honestly think I'm going to beat him up? What if he's fucking muscular?" Patrick shivered, thinking about what that fight would be like. "I'd die!"

"Good thing you've got a hot, kind of muscular boyfriend to take care of that!" Pete winked.

"Where?" Patrick joked, laughing as Pete gave him a blank stare in return. "I'm just kidding," he smiled.

"You better be," Pete grumbled. "Did he text back yet?"

Patrick looked down at his phone, groaning in disgust. "He did."

Satan: I'm glad. Seriously. I really like you, Patrick. Xx.

Patrick pushed aside his disgust, although it was almost impossible.

PS: I like you too. Xx.

"I'm done with this," Patrick sighed, turning off his phone and placing it down on Pete's nightstand.

"Good," Pete smiled, pulling him closer. "I was starting to feel a bit lonely."

"Ah, that just can't do!" Patrick said dramatically, laughing to himself.

They spent the rest of the night watching bad movies and cuddling on Pete's bed. Patrick couldn't help but think that he was living a dream. Everything was so perfect.