Chapter Two

The thought of going to school was terrifying. After he finally looked away from the post and got ready, it started to get to him.

What would happen now that they knew? Would people try to beat him up, just because of the fact that he likes guys? Would people treat him differently? What would his friends do?

Would they even want to talk to him?

That was what made him the most sad. Patrick loved his friends with all his heart, and if this made them stop loving him, he wasn't sure what he'd do.

Suddenly, he felt like curling up into a ball on his bed. He wouldn't have to face the aftermath of being outed if he did that.

However, that was just a fantasy. His parents would never let him stay home just because he wasn't doing well emotionally. They only let him stay home if he's seriously sick with the flu, or something like that.

He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text.

PS: I hate you so much. It was supposed to my call, my choice. I was supposed to be in control.

Satan: I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. I don't regret my choice.

PS: I'm not waiting around for you, I hope you know.

He backed away from the situation as he started his walk to school. When he glanced back at his phone before shutting it off, there was only one more reply from him.

Satan: You'll come around.

---

As he got his things from his locker before first period, he kept hearing people whispering. Laughing quietly to themselves. When he glanced out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a guy pointing at him.

He looked away, sighing to himself as he slammed his locker shut. Then, he turned around to be faced with a person he didn't want to see. (Not that he wanted to see anyone at this point; he would prefer to be invisible.)

Ryan Ross, straight guy gone wild. There's not a day that goes by without girls fawning over him and his good looks. Ryan uses that to his advantage, always having a girl hanging off his arm. But not this time.

"What do you want?" Patrick asked, trying to sound tough. It didn't work though.

Ryan rolled his eyes obnoxiously. "I just wanted to talk about those texts. Mighty interesting, you know?"

Patrick's jaw tightened as he remembered the texts. He knew what Ryan was talking about, of course. Ryan Ross had come up in the texts, and both him and "Satan" had a bit to say.

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm not gay," Ryan laughed loudly, almost doubling over. "Since you and the guy are oh so concerned."

They hadn't been. They only discussed that he was attractive, along with the fact that he's a giant prick.

"I don't care," Patrick said confidently, smirking a bit. "Get away from me, fucker, before you catch my gayness."

Ryan was ignorant enough to literally sprint away. He genuinely believed Patrick could just spread it to him.

Ignorance is not bliss, though. Patrick had a feeling about that guy. Just a feeling.

The bell rings, and Patrick hurries off to class. Eventually, he'll have to gather his courage and talk to his friends about this huge mess, but not right now.