The Hospital and Deploying into Bastogne

Hospital and deploying into Bastogne chapter right here read with anticipation spoilers are in store. Also, War Sage (FanFiction.net) you had a question about what happened to Mickey Simpson since we last read about him the answer is in the chapter. I do apologise if it isn't the outcome you wanted

Chapter 12:

3rd October 1944, Hospital in England

It had been nearly a week since Donnie had been sent to the hospital after Market Garden it had frustrated him that he was constantly on the move he felt relieved when they sent him to the hospital in England and he spent the time talking with fellow soldiers. He had not been able to keep still and the doctors and nurses demanded he be on bed rest because of his injuries. He absolutely hated it. But he made that choice because he was too badly injured to continue fighting until he recovered completely.

Overtime he began to sift through letters. Before Donnie had left for Holland he received a letter from Eric that he had been shipped off on some island and was leading Marines as a Gunnery Sargent he had felt proud of his brother, Lizzie was officially banned from dating because of Hank and Margaret but still allowed her to do activities after school such as cheerleading and revision clubs he sighed in relief about the fact. Betty was doing well she had gotten a job working in a department store even lending time towards a Victory Garden with Margaret she had also had a dream to go into nursing school which Margaret and Hank supported. All the letters said the same thing they missed Donnie and he missed them too.

He had missed all his family; his Grandfather Matthew had taken the decision to retire from the CFD as a Battalion Chief and Hank took a promotion to Lieutenant in the CPD in command of the 9th District he was happy. He even missed all his extended family, the Randall's and the McCarthy's. Derek Randall and Jimmy McCarthy were Hank's best friends from the 1st war and throughout their careers in the CPD and Chicago Med. Tommy Randall who was missing in action in 1941 was now fighting with the 6th Army in the Leyte Gulf, Madison Randall (Tommy's wife) had given birth to their son Donnie Randall to which Donnie felt touched about. Jimmy McCarthy and his wife, Isabel, had 2 daughters together: Charlotte who was currently in the Nurse Corps and Lisa who is Lizzie's best friend.

Time in the Hospital had not been too boring Buck who had been wounded in Market Garden kept his mind of it.

"Hey, Don't worry Don you'll be out of here soon" "Out of the Hospital, I'm surprised they haven't let me out" "Wounds take time to heal" "I'm telling ya they have healed, I feel stronger, probably more powerful than before" "Oh boy I hate to see the Krauts looks on their faces realising they made a mistake" "Yeah, don't mess with an Irishman" Buck chuckled for a while as he saw Donnie just write in his journal he kept chewing on the top of his pencil and fiddling with his ring he kept on his dog tags as it didn't bother him.

He didn't even know how to tell his family about his experiences in war but prayed that his family would help him through it.

"Well, well if it isn't the most handsome soldier of Chicago. Plt Sgt. Donald Henry Murphy" Donnie instantly felt his face pale, fear had gripped him like a vice when he had heard that. Buck who heard it then looked at Donnie who had said, "Buck forgive me if I am wrong but were we informed of hell freezing over" "You look like your worst nightmare come true. You know that voice?" "Buck in about 2 minutes you will realise that the full force of Chicago is about to hit me" a woman then approached in a full nursing outfit her brown hair pinned up very nicely, piercing green eyes that looked like a summer meadow her 6 foot 2 frame walked towards Donnie as she smiled mischievously Donnie felt sweat forming around his head as he said, "Well if this nightmare got any worse it just made hell look like a picnic. How are you Charlotte?" "Donnie, I see you don't listen very well" "Just doing a job soldiers do" they were interrupted as Buck cleared his throat as he said, "Forgive me if I don't understand the situation. But Hi, my name is Lynn Compton, Lieutenant" "Lieutenant, I'm not interested in you if you decide to sweet talk me" "Me? sweet talk a lovely and beautiful nurse I would not dream of it" as Buck winked at her when Charlotte scowled in response leading to Buck to have fear on his face.