[06]

The Cipher

The Cipher

---

Archie Andrews caused an uprise of panic. He threatened the Black Hood and potentially started something worse than before. A threat was rising and they wanted to fight it but Tatiana couldn't help but wonder if what they did was the best way too. If their video would stop the serial killer or if it was all caused by anger, not the need to help. Tensions were high and the rift between the Northside and Southside grew (if that was possible).

"It's horrible," Usha muttered. "Archie threatening violence, Alice Cooper making the whole North versus South worse and the Black Hood. This whole thing is a mess," she continued. Tatiana hummed in agreement, flicking through her book.

"Archie's scared, Alice hates the Southside and after Clifford Blossom killing his own son, this hardly seems like a surprise," Tatiana spoke, not looking up from her book. "Riverdale is a dark place and it's only getting darker."

---

Betty called Tatiana, getting her to meet her in the room where they wrote the Blue and Gold. She walked in as Kevin was rambling on about not going into the woods anymore. Kevin glanced at her before looking back at the blonde and asking her what was the matter.

"I was going through the Blue and Gold's mail and I got a letter from the Black Hood killer. He says he's doing it for me," she told them, passing them the envelope with her name marked on it.

"'Betty, your words at the Jubilee inspired me. The town's sinners must show their contrition. If not, there will be more suffering and bloodshed. Enclosed is a cipher. It details where I will punish the next sinner. It is a test. Only you may solve it, Betty,'" Kevin read.

"My speech inspired him. That stupid speech I wrote," Betty spoke.

"So the Black Hood was at the Jubilee," Kevin pointed out.

"The entire town was there," Tatiana replied, moving from where she leant against the wall.

"We have to give this to my dad," Kevin whispered.

"The cipher, yeah, sure, but not the letter, this is just for me. We can't tell anyone about it," Betty argued.

"It's evidence," Kevin voiced.

"Kevin, if we give this letter to your dad, he will tell my mom, and she will make damn sure I'm nowhere near this," Betty informed.

"Good," both Kevin and Tatiana spoke at the same time.

"No. This is a test. He said so himself. What if the start of the test is to see what I do with the letter? Do I share it? Or not? Am I strong? Or am I weak? Am I worthy?" Betty asked.

"He's a psychopath, Betty, and you are in high school, not the FBI," Kevin fought.

"Isn't it better for people to be focusing on the cipher, rather than the letter?" Betty reasoned.