[13]

Boy Drama and Failed Relationships

---

Christmas arrived quickly for Tatiana and she was busy glancing through her laptop, an attempt at getting last minute gifts. In her defence, she had her Secret Santa present and everyone else's... but her mum's. Usha Feldman was a difficult woman to buy for, sure she loved her daughter more than anything and Tatiana adored her (even with the current tension in the house). 

She finally found the perfect gift, ordering it and paying an extortionate amount for quick delivery. It was her own fault for leaving it so late. 

"Tiana?" Her mum called out. 

"Yeah?" Tatiana replied, glancing to the doorway. Her mum now stood in her bedroom. 

"I wanted to apologise for not telling you that I was a Serpent and that your dad was a Serpent," she began. Tatiana could tell the whole thing was difficult for her but deep down, the young girl was glad. Finding out her mum was someone she didn't really know hurt her. "I thought I was protecting you but obviously I was wrong."

"Mama-"

"And I promise to answer any questions you have," she added. 

"Thank you," Tatiana muttered. "I appreciate that."

"And I'm sorry that I wasn't there to protect you from Nick St Clair," she added, her voice breaking towards the end. 

"Mama, it wasn't your fault. You didn't know him and neither did I. No one could have guessed that he was going to do that," Tatiana comforted. 

"I should have known something was wrong-" Usha stopped, holding back the tears that threatened to fall. "I should have known he was bad news."

"Mama," Tatiana whispered, standing up and walking towards her. She hugged her. "I'm okay, you did what you could." She paused. "Enough of the heavy."

"Okay, okay. I have a question for you," Usha began. "What's going on between you and Sweet Pea?"

"Mama-"

"You're my daughter, who I want to make sure is being safe," she argued. 

Tatiana sighed, moving to sit on her bed, Usha sitting next to her. 

"I think I like him," Tatiana admitted. "He's really sweet to me but a bit of a dick to everyone else. I don't know, Mum, the whole thing is confusing. Besides, he probably doesn't feel the same," she blurted out. 

"He'd be crazy not too but if it turns out he doesn't then you'll get through it," Usha soothed, bringing her into a hug. 

"Thanks."

People were right when they said Christmas brings people together. 

---