[16]

Pickens' Day Protests and Courageous Talks

---

Tatiana was sitting on the arm of a chair in the student lounge, concealer in her hand and Sweet Pea in the chair waiting patiently as she dabbed on the makeup.

"How long left?" He groaned.

"I literally have the head of the snake left and then I'm done," she replied, dabbing more concealer on.

"It feels nice," he hummed.

"Shut it, Sweets," Tatiana shot, rolling her eyes. "Of course you would try and make this weird."

"Why would I do that?" He questioned, turning his head slightly and winking.

"Glad to know you're back to being impossibly flirty," she voiced, smiling. "Now turn back around or wear the turtleneck."

Sweet Pea muttered something before following her instructions.

"Pass me my coffee, please," she requested. He held out the iced coffee, allowing her to take a sip from the straw. "Thanks."

With a roll of his eyes, he placed the coffee back on the table beside him.

Two minutes later she placed her concealer back in her bag.

"Done."

"Thanks, Short Stack." He took the mirror she held out to him, looking at the spot where his tattoo used to be.

"How's basketball going?" Tatiana asked.

"Good, really good, Mantle's still a dick though," Sweet Pea answered.

"That's good. Besides, Reggie's a dick about ninety-five per cent of the time."

"I still don't get why you're friends with him."

"We've been friends since we were in like kindergarten or something, it's like he's one of those constants in your life that you can't bring yourself to get rid of because it'll change things," Tatiana admitted.

"But sometimes it's better to get rid of the dicks in your life," Sweet Pea replied, turning his head again.

"That's you gone from my life then," she joked.

"How's cheerleading going?"

"I love Cheryl but she needs to dial everything down," Tatiana told. "I'm doing routines in my sleep. Plus auditions for extra girls are soon, so I've got to help Cheryl with that."

"I bet you look good doing it," he teased, winking at her.

Tatiana shoved him in the shoulder, shaking her head.

"I gotta get to class," she added, grabbing her coffee on the way.

---