Chapter Five: Date

That Friday night, I was hanging out with Jaida and Gabriela. Justin and I had decided that would be the best time to tell them I liked him. I felt terrible about lying to them, but they were terrible liars, so I knew they wouldn't be able to keep from everyone that Justin and I weren't really dating. With Gabriela, the whole cheerleading team would know in a week, and with Jaida, KC would know in two days. I just hoped they'd forgive me once they found out why I was doing this.

We had on 10 Things I Hate About You on, and mostly talking over it. Finally, the girls started talking about boys, Gabriela had just gone on a date with the college guy.

"So, Annie, any news on KC?" Jaida asked once Gabriela had gone over every detail of the date.

"Well... Actually, I think I might like someone else..."

"What?!" They both exclaimed. I had liked KC for years, so it seemed impossible that I'd ever like anyone else.

"Yeah... It's Justin...."

"Um... What?" Jaida questioned.

"Justin as in... As in neighbor Justin?!" Gabriela exclaimed.

"Yeah... that Justin..." I awkwardly looked at the ground.

"Are you insane?" Jaida yelled. "He is constantly bouncing from girl to girl, why do you think he'd care about you for more than sex?"

"We just don't want you to get hurt," Gabriela said much more calmly.

"I know you don't!" I said. "And I won't. We've just been talking a lot when we go to and from school, and I really think he's changed..."

"Yeah, doubt it," Jaida scoffed.

"Well, there's a chance that he doesn't even like me back!" I said. "I just... I don't know, he's cute and funny and pretty nice when he wants to be..."

"Aw..." Gabriela said, putting her hands on her heart.

"Yeah, whatever," Jaida said, rolling her eyes.

A few hours later, Jaida and Gabriela left because my parents didn't like people sleeping over, even on the weekends. Almost as soon as they left, I ran over to my window, opening it. Justin looked over, grinning, then went to his window and opened it. "Hey! How'd it go?!"

"Let me come over and I'll tell you," I replied, smirking. He grinned, holding up a finger, before disappearing into the room and returning with the sheets he had tied together. We repeated what we had done the night of the concert, before running over to his house and up to his room. As soon as he shut the door, I grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him into a kiss.

"Well, I take it that the plan worked," he chuckled, pulling his face away but keeping his body pressed against mine.

"Like a charm. I'm an amazing actress. They don't like it, but they definitely believe that I have a crush on you. Now, lay down and take your shirt off."

"I feel as though you're using me for my body," he joked, but obliged. We made out and grinded until he said he couldn't take it anymore and we had to stop for a while. "You know," he said, tracing random patters on my hip, "I know you don't want to have sex, but you could always let me do something for you..."

My eyes widened, and I laughed nervously. "No, it's okay!"

"Are you sure?" he asked teasingly.

"I'm sure," I laughed, straddling him again and kissing him. He groaned, grabbing my waist and lifting me so I was no longer pressing against him.

"If you keep doing that, I swear I'm going to finish in my pants," he huffed.

"Oops," I said, immediately getting off him. "Sorry."