Chapter Ten: First Time

"So," KC said, and the way his face crinkled in concentration made my heart beat faster, "we're going to do a meadow and a city... It'll represent the calmness and quietness of the outdoors, and the anxiety and cramped feeling of being in a big city... You'll do the meadow, and I'll do the city."

"Exactly," I smiled. "We can start with each sketching our part on a piece of paper, then find a way to make them fit together, and then we'll each draw our pieces on the canvas, and then we'll paint them."

"Sounds perfect!"

It was a week and two days later, the next Wednesday, and KC and I had just come up with what we would be doing for our art project. "I think this is going to be great," I said, bumping him lightly with my shoulder.

"I think so too... Hey, do you want to come to a concert with me on Friday? It's at the Hideout."

"J-just me and you?" I stuttered, unable to think of anything else to say.

"Well, yeah," KC said, grinning, "I mean, besides all of the other people at the concert. Is that okay?"

"That's perfect!" I looked away from him, unable to stop smiling.

That day, when I went to go meet Justin by his car, he was standing there, but he looked a lot less happy than normal. I was about to tell him about KC, and say we could probably fake break up when I noticed this. "What's wrong?"

"It's... Uh, can we go to my place?" His voice was raspy, barely there, and it shook.

"Yeah, sure." I reached out and squeezed his hand before we got into the car. As he drove back in mostly silence, I watched him. A muscle in his strong jaw twitched repeatedly.

It seemed to take forever to complete the short drive back to his house. When we got there, he got out of the car, walked up to his room, and laid down on the bed silently. "What is it?" I asked after he didn't say anything for a while.

"M-my parents are getting a divorce..."

"Oh, Justin..." I laid down next to him, putting his head in the crook of my neck, feeling the tears spilling from his eyes and landing on my skin.

"I know it's what I said I wanted," he finally said, "and I know it's what's best, it's what will make everyone happy. I just... I can't help but think of the times they actually used to be happy together and it... It fucking sucks."

"I know, Justin. It'll be okay" This was the first time I'd ever seen Justin so vulnerable. Hearing him cry like that made my heart break and I found myself blinking back tears.

I sat, stroking his hair for a long time. Finally, he pulled away and I looked at his tear stained face. He sighed, leaning in to press his lips against mine. "You're the best, Annie. I have no idea what I'd do without you."

I grinned, pulling him into another kiss. He pulled me closer, deepening it. I reached down, pulling his shirt over his head, only separating briefly to pull it over his head. "Your turn," he said, grinning. He slowly pulled my shirt off, before immediately reaching back and expertly undoing my bra. "So gorgeous," he muttered, playing with my nipple. I pulled him into a kiss, mostly to quiet my own moaning.

I started undoing his belt, and he helped me to pull his pants off. "And, your turn again." He chuckled, and I giggled as he slid my leggings off me. He grabbed my waist, lifting me on top of him to straddle him, grinding me into his hard on.

"Justin," I panted, "I want you."

"Wait, really?" he replied, sounding just as out of breath.

I looked into his eyes, still red from crying earlier. That was when I realized how much I actually cared about him, and how he was the only person I was okay with seeing me like this. "Yeah, really."

He flipped us over, so he was on top, before reaching into his nightstand and pulling out a condom. After removing both of our final pieces of clothes, he whispered, "You're really sure?"

I nodded, and watched as he put on the condom.

...

An hour later, I was laying on my back next to Justin, also laying on his back, and we were both breathing heavily. "Hey, that was super good," Justin exclaimed, holding out his hand for a high five.

I giggled, returning the high five. "I have a feeling you missed sex... You really went at it."

"Yeah?" he smirked. "Was it an alright first time for you?"

I rolled over, kissing his chest. "Yeah, I would say it was..."

He smiled, pulling me in to kiss me. I sighed at the skin to skin contact. "My parents might be home soon. We should probably get you out of here."

"Mmm, good point," I said, getting up to get dressed. I tried to not feel self-conscious at the fact that he was watching my every move. "Alright," I said, turning around to face him. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Sounds good." I kissed him one more time, before leaving quickly. As I got to the bottom of the steps, I gasped when the door opened, and Justin's dad walked in.

Hearing me, he looked up. "Annie! Hey, what're you doing here?"

"Uh, well, actually, I was just... I had to stop over and..."

"Hey, Annie, you left your jacket- dad!"

I looked back at Justin and my jaw dropped. He had just come downstairs in only his boxers. I looked back at Justin's dad, whose eyes were flickering between the two of us, and then back at Justin, who was staring at his dad with his jaw dropped.

***
Hey guys! I know, it's a shock that I'm alive! I know it's been forever since I've updated and I'm so sorry! As a few of you who messaged me know, I just went through a pretty bad breakup to my boyfriend of a year and a half. It's been pretty difficult getting through it and I just haven't felt like writing about love much. But! I'm finally started to get better and to actually want to write again so thank you so much for your patience!
So, don't forget to vote and comment! Question of the day is: What do you think Justin's dad is going to say about what he's seen?