Chapter 3: Inspection

Terra went to sleep in his new home.

Terra woke up in his new house, content. He ate breakfast, then went to the studio. He had to work, right? Even with everything that happened, he still needed to do his job.

He entered the studio to see DJ Khaled with Asahd, who was playing with his miniature car that Khaled bought him for the "Top Off" music video.

"You let him use that inside here?" Terra asked, surprised. "As long as nothin breaks, it's fine." Khaled replied. "How was your night, bro?"

Terra sighed. "A lot happened."

"That's fine. We have time before Travis Scott gets here."

"Travis Scott?"

"Yeah we're making a new song called, "Glacier"."

"Alright."

So Terra explained how Xehanort had teleported him to the new house, and how Terra drained Xehanort's power. He talked about the magic used to redecorate the house, the tacos, and everything.

"Wow, that must be hard for you, having everyone worried." Khaled said.

"It's fine." Terra reassured. "I'll work it out somehow." So the 2 went on as Travis Scott entered the studio and they all played around with some beats. After a few hours, they were done.

"I think I can handle it from here, guys. Just some more ad libs and vocals and we'll be all set."

So Travis left, and Khaled called Terra back for a second.

"Terra, if you need anything, call me. I've got the keys."

"Thanks, Khaled." Terra said. "See you later."

"See ya! Asahd! What are you doing, boy? Don't touch that! That's a fire alarm!" Funny things happened with Asahd. Terra laughed to himself as he returned home.

And as he entered his home, he heard some strange banging going on in the basement, so figured he'd check it out. He went downstairs to find a man there. He looked like a military veteran or something. And he looked interested in... The chair that Terra had used to knock Xehanort out. So Terra marched up to him.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" He demanded.

"For your information, I'm doing your mom!" He yelled.

Terra wasn't impressed. He'd heard enough "your mom jokes" in middle school. But he kept his cool.

"Well, I mean that's nice, but, what are you doing to the chair?"

"Someone has just flipped over this chair." The man said. "Who did it?"

Terra wanted to avoid getting yelled at, so he said, "Xehanort."

The military looking guy paused before saying, "Xehanort, what kind of name is that?"

Terra had no idea how to reply, so he simply said, "A name that somebody would name themselves."

"Interesting. Who are you?" He asked.

"I am Terra."

"Terra, Terra. What, of Arabia?"

"No."

"That name sounds like royalty, are you royalty?"

"No."

"I don't like the name Terra, only sailors are called Terra!"

"How would you know that?"

"Because I know. I am Gunnery Seargant Hartman, a seargant from the Vietnam War."

So that's what he was! A drill seargant. That would explain the uniform. But why was he in his house? Terra decided to listen to Seargant Hartman, hoping to find the answer.

"I trained Private Pyle. And he always messed up!" He paused for effect. "He had a jelly doughnut in his footlocker!" He yelled. Then he asked the question that Terra had completely forgotten about.

"Why did Xehanort flip over this chair?"

Terra tried to find an answer, but he couldn't. Not without getting yelled at by Hartman. So he did his best.

"I dunno, cause he just felt like flipping over something."

Hartman yelled anyway. "Always the answer!" He shouted. Then he suddenly became quiet.

"If anything... I need to know. What do you do around here?"

Well, that was easy. "I live here. This is my house."

But Hartman wasn't satisfied. "I mean, what's your job? How did you interact with Xehanort?" So Terra began his story.

"Well, I was going around, being a cool person, when, you know, he came around, and tried to get me, and steal my teleporting powers." He was then interrupted.

"You have teleporting powers?"

"Yes."

"Show me!"

Easy enough. Terra teleported behind the shocked drill sergeant.

"I know what is what, but I don't know what is what." He sighed. "Ugh, what am I getting myself into?" He paused. "What happened with him?"

Terra continued. "Well, I killed him by making him eat a taco from Taco Bell." It was hard to admit, but the tacos helped Terra a lot.

"So he likes that?" Terra nodded.

"I shouldn't expect this house, uh, I mean INSPECT this house any further. I am going to leave. And you'd best not follow me... Private Terra!"

Terra found this confusing. "I'm not a private... Uh..." But he was cut off by Hartman.

"The first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be sir. Do you understand that?"

"Sir yes sir?" He tried.

Thankfully, it worked. Seargant Hartman had a little trouble opening the door, but he got it. "See ya around, Private Terra!" He called. "See ya!" Terra replied. But Hartman turned around.

"You didn't say, 'Sir, see ya, sir.'"

"Sir, see ya, sir."

And so, Seargant Hartman left the house. But what came next, would be much, much, worse.

880 words.