Chapter 9.

Rickard and Robert and his Army were making their way across their land so that they could attack Clan McKladdon when they came to a fork in the road.

     "Which way are we to go Laird?"

Robert asked in a conniving and sniveling voice. Rickard looked down at Robert from atop of his horse and sneered at him. But instead of answering, he completely ignored him and turned to Angus.

      "You have the map Angus, which way does it say would be faster to get to Clan McKladdin?"

Angus grimaced. He often wonders why the Laird, would give him the map when he couldn't read heads or tails of the thing. Angus turned the map upside-down; sideways and the other ways trying to figure out which way would be faster. Not wanting his Laird, to think that he was an idiot, not that he already thought he was, Angus pretended to look closely at the map, and very slowly lowered it so that he could see the writing on the signs that were painted on the fork in the road. When he caught the words 'McKenzie', on it an idea struck him. Turning to Rickard, he smiled, then he refolded the map and tucked it into his breast pocket.

     "Laird? I believe it would benefit us if we acquired the help of Clan McKenzie in our little skirmish against Clan Mckladdon. Since they are already enemies of Cambryn McKladdon, I am positive that Laird McKenzie will accept."

Robert grunted in annoyance and stared up at Angus. Giving Angus, the 'I am going to kill you eyes, Robert chucked a small rock at Angus' head. When The rock struck, and Angus looked at Robert, in annoyance, he was disgusted to see the wide smile on his face.

He was still waiting for his reply from his Laird when suddenly they were all surrounded by another Army. And from the look of their Tartan colors, both Angus and Rickard knew that these men were the McKenzie's.

Tearlach McKenzie eyed the big man, that sat atop the stallion in the front and smirked. He knew right away who this particular man was. Of course, he never met Rickard Baldie in person but only heard his name by reputation. He wondered if the rumors were true, especially the rumor about how he raped and murdered Elsa McFallon all those years ago.

Although Tearlach, held no love for the McKladdon Clan, he was still pissed about hearing about the death of his beloved Elsa, even though she's been gone from this world for all these years.

 "Why are you on my lands Baldie?"
Tearlach demanded of Rickard. Rickard eyed Laird McKenzie with disgust and envy, then he folded his arms across his chest and answered back in a rude and demeaning manner. 

       "It's none of your business, McKenzie! I can cross any lands, so that I may attack any of my enemies. You should thank the Lord that you are not one of them." 

Rickard replied. Tearlach heaved a sigh and laughed loudly. Then leaning over and overhearing the whispered words that were coming from his first in command he smiled wickedly. 

"My Scout informs me that you are about to attack Clan McKladdon am I correct? If you are, may I ask why?"

Rickard shook his head in denial. 

     "No, you may not. But since you are already here, I don't have to waste my time seeking you out, do you want to come with us and attack them too?

Tearlach thought for a moment. Then looking behind him at the eager faces of his fighting men, he turned back around,  faced Rickard and gave him an evil stare. Tearlach made his way towards Rickard and held out his hand and waited for Rickard to shake it.