Chapter 6- Answers

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow when I got home. I woke up around 11AM with a huge headache. I took an Advil then went to take a shower. My head was clouded with thoughts. Is Owen okay? Is Owen sick? How is Owen feeling?
I got dressed and went downstairs. Both my parents were eating breakfast. I sat down and ate an apple. It was awkwardly quiet.
"Is Gus still at Grandma's?" I asked my parents. My mom nodded. It was quiet again.
"Can you please tell us what happened?" My dad asked me. I nodded. Might as well say the truth. I told my parents everything. They nodded and listened.
"It was both our idea and I'm terribly sorry." I apologized. My parents nodded.
"I know. Kids make mistakes but... as long as you don't do something like this again... we have to pay a fine of 2,500 dollars so I guess you can take this as a lesson." My dad told me. I nodded. Yes, a very big life lesson.
~An hour later~
My parents and I met up at Owen's house. Owen looked just as hungover as I was. Owen looked upset. Owen's parents still looked really mad.
"So what happened yesterday that we got a call saying that you guys were underage drinking at a party, when you were supposed to be at home?" Owen's mom asked. Owen shrugged. I didn't say anything.
"Any answers?" Owen's dad asked us. Owen shrugged again.
"Marlee, could you tell Owen's parents exactly what you told us?" My mom asked me. I nodded. Owen hung his head. I told Owen's parents everything. About how it was both our ideas, that we took a cab there and that we drank a lot. Owen's parents looked furious at Owen.
"Owen! Is it true that this was your idea as well?" Owens dad asked Owen. I looked at Owen with wide eyes. Just please tell the truth Owen. We came this far. Owen shook his head, very frightened. My heart dropped.
"It was all, Marlee's idea. She wanted to try drinking and I just wanted to support her. I would never suggest that." Owen lied. My heart felt as if it was slowly stopping.
"Then why would you say no?" My dad asked Owen. My parents knew Owen was lying.
"I was about to but the taxi came and it was too late. I never wanted to drink or party. She's the one who FaceTimed me saying she wanted to go party." Owen lied once again. My heart split. I felt like breaking down and crying. Why would Owen lie? My parents got up. I did too.
"Owen... why are you lying?"I pleaded. Owen couldn't even look at me in the eye.
"I'm not lying." Owen said. My parents shook their heads.
"We personally think it was both their ideas. If Owen didn't want to go, he would of said so. I know my daughter and she doesn't pressure or lie. I think we're done here." My parents said.
Then we left.
With the blame all on me.