Chapter 8: A Song That Flutters The Heart

Music's POV

It was painful. I remembered everything again. About dad, about everything. He faded and vanished right in front of my eyes. It hurts so much. I want to just erase everything in my head but I can't.

I opened my eyes to end the nightmare and saw someone beside me.

It was Mike.

I wonder why but I automatically smile when I see him. He really annoys me more than anyone could. We would say harsh words and do pranks with each other but I don't take it seriously. To me, we were just like playing. We spend most of the day together so I kind of got used being with him.

I want to say sorry to him too for slapping him like that. I was so childish! I want to thank him too, because of him I was able to put aside my pain and kicking him takes my stress away!

"Thank you..Mike.."

"W-what's wrong?! Are you okay?!" He got up as soon as I tried to get up.

He rushed and checked if I was okay. I was shocked. I can see the deep concern on his face. He's being sincere? Seriously?

"I-I'm okay!"

My heart started to pound heavily. I shoved him away.

"Ow!" He fell on the floor.

What's wrong with him? Why can't he get up right away? It's like there's something wrong with his knee or something.

"What happened to your knee?" I asked.

"Nothing!"

Hm maybe he got into a fight or something. I wonder..

"Just go and eat your breakfast!"

He pointed out the tray of food beside my bed and sat on the couch.

Amazing! It looks so expensive-- and oh the smell! This is what he gets to eat everyday? This lucky bastard!

"Mmm~ This is so delicious! Where did you buy this stuff?"

"Buy? I made it you dumbass!"

He what?! HE CAN COOK?!

I tried to imagine the Mikecaroni Morgoe cooking but all I can see is him punching the meat or something. Hahaha!

"Hahaha!"

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing. This is so good! You can open up a restaurant or something you know."

"I know! I'm capable of everything you see?"

"Yeah capable of hurting people as well!"

He looked shock from what I said. Well I forgave him already, just wanted to tease this monster a bit.

"You see.. I.. I'm sorry for what I said at the studio."

Did he just apologize to me? O_o

"W-what?"

"I said I'm sorry.." He walked out.

So Cliff was right. He does really have a heart after all huh?

After quite some time, I felt better so I stood up and took a stroll around his house. It was really big for one person to live in! I saw pictures of him when he was young. It's weird because there are no pictures of him smiling. I wonder why?

"Hi there!"

A beautiful voice from behind me captured my attention. Am I dreaming? I can't believe what's in front of my eyes!