the chase

He's on us run. Dwight said, looking back in blind terror. Ill hold him off. He said slowing to a stop. Dwight you cant do this. Meg said tugging his arm towards them. He got free. He'd catch up either way we cant run with claudette. He said. Meg protested but feng grabbed her arm and pulled her away. Turning to the big man lumpering towards him. In seconds the man was less than ten feet from Dwight. The man slammed into dwights chest, knocking the air out of his lungs and to the ground. The scent of smoke filled Dwights nostrils causing him to cough from the sudden smell combined with a lack of oxygen. The man was silent but his small breaths were audible. The man grabbed dwights collar and pulled dwights face to his. Ash and dirt covered the mans face and dirty clumped hair covered more of his face. He released his hold on dwight dropping dwight to the ground. The man hounched over to inspect Dwight.  Sweat formed from dwights forehead as he grew nervous.

Running from the woods claudette had pain sweltering from her ribs but they were close to the house and she could rest. Meg and feng were helping her every once in a while but she was managing well. In the distance they heard their fellow survivors call out on the porch. They reached the edge of the woods and the survivors came to their aid. What happened. Laurie asked the kid peering at the the survivors from behind her. Nothing just someone broke in a house in there. Claudette said panting. Where's Dwight Quentin asked. He's back there. Feng said pointing behind her. They went inside to rest and the others followed them to wait for Dwight.