Chapter Thirteen

Imagine you're reading a really good quote here that could, somehow, relate to this chapter because I couldn't find one.

••

Jace's POV

"She's going to be alright." The doctor says. "She needs some rest. She passed out due to stress and lack of eating. She can go home tomorrow but you need to make sure she eats well and rests for a couple of days before going back to work, and she can't be overstressed about something or this may happen again." He says and I nod. "She's in the room 293 and she's awake, if you want to see her." He then leaves and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You should go see her." Clary says after a few seconds. "Alec and I will be waiting here fot you." I nod and look for the room 293. When I find it, I get in and see my grandmother laying on a bed there.

"I was so worried about you." I say getting in and closing the door. "You need to eat more and you can't always be at work!" I say as I go to her.

She sits there and I sit next to her. I give her a hug. "I know. I'm sorry for worrying you but I'm fine."

"No, you're not." I say. "Grandma, you can't scare me like this! You know I can't loose you."

"And you won't loose me, my dear." She says and I smile.

"Just don't scare me like this. Now you should rest. The doctor said you could come home tomorrow." I say and she nods. She lays down again and I go to the waiting room.

"Is she alright?" Alec asks.

"Yes. I think I'm staying with her tonight and I'm going to miss school tomorrow. Clary, we have the same classes tomorrow so could you borrow me your notes tomorrow?" I ask her.

"Of course, I can pass by your house if you want." She says and I nod.

She then leaves the hospital. It's getting darker and I think she has to go by subway. I feel bad about that.

"How is she going home?" I ask, turning to Alec.

"Don't worry, she called her brother to pick her up. Is your grandma alright?" He asks.

"Yeah. She really needs to rest." I say. He gives me a little smile.

"I think you like her." Alex says, changing the subject.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Clary. I think you like her." He says, smirking.

"I don't." I say.

"So you wouldn't mind the fact that she actually slept with Sebastian." He says and my eyes grow wide.

"What?!" I almost scream. Everyone looks at me but they're attention goes back to whatever they were doing before.

"I'm kidding. I just said that to prove a point. You like her." He says.

"That wasn't funny, Alec. And I don't like her." I say.

"Have you guys ever kissed?" He asks and I shake my head. "That's a record. You've never spent this much time being friends with a girl without even kissing her, not to mention sleeping with her." He says. "Why?"

"Clary is special. And next year, I have to leave to go to college." I say. "I don't want to hurt her any more than I already have with that whole bet thing and this thing with Sebastian that I should have warned her about. She should hate me after all this, and yet, she's still my best friend."

Alec stays in silence for a few moments until he decides to speak up. "You don't want to admit that you like her because, the moment you admit it, is the moment where reality hits you and you realize you can't have her." I don't say anything. "Either way, you'll both get hurt. So, you should be a little selfish and maybe try to accept that and spend this last few months you have with her, before September." He says and leaves.

I have 8 more months with her. I need to enjoy them before college but I can't tell her I like her, that would ruin everything, right?

I decide to forget about that and check up on my grandmother. She's sleeping. I sit on the chair near the bed and fall asleep there.

The next morning I wake up with an awful pain on my neck. Sleeping on a hospital chair is awful.

I look at my grandma and she's awake. "You're awake." I say, smiling.

"Yes, I just woke up. What time is it?" She asks. I look at my phone.

"10.30am" I say.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" She asks.

"Yes but I had to take care of you. I asked Clary to give me her notes, she has the same classes as I do today." I tell her.

"You shouldn't be missing school because of me." She says. "But I'm glad you know Clary's schedule well enough to know that she has the same classes."

"What do you mean, grandma?! I know that because she is there. But tomorrow I won't have the same classes. She has the first period with Sebastian but he's gone by second period, which is the only class she has with me." I tell her. "And I don't know the rest because she doesn't have with me or with Sebastian."

"But you know Sebastian's too? Wasn't he your friend?" My grandma asks. "I haven't seen him in a while."

"He was. Remember when Clary was outside and you invited her for dinner? They went on a date but it didn't go well. Let's just say he wanted her because she has never dated anyone in high school and he said some awful things about her." I tell her.

"That's horrible. You shouldn't be friends with people like that. But I like Clary and Alec, I hope you're still friends with them." My grandma says and I smile. She didn't meet a lot of my friends but I liked the fact that she liked them, it meant a lot to me.

"I'm going to get the doctor to see if you can finally come home." I say, changing the subject and leaving the room.

The doctor did a few more exams and then, my grandma finally came home. I got her straight to her bedroom, telling her that I would be the one cooking tonight. I made her dinner in bed and ate there with her while we were watching a movie. We used to do this a lot when I was a kid.

After we have dinner, my grandma goes to sleep and I wash the dishes. I hear a knock on the door and look at the time. It's almost midnight, Clary couldn't be here so late because she lives in Brooklyn, so who could it be?

I open the door and see the last person I was to see.

"Sebastian?"

••

What is Sebastian doing at Jace's house so late? And what is Jace going to do? If I were him, I'd shut the door right on his face. And did anyone notice that Clary didn't go over to his house to give him the notes she promised? What is happening to her? Please vote and comment your opinion! ❤️