PROLOGUE

It wasn't a good place to grow up in, we were really poor, no one knew, I wasn't ashamed but children and teenagers can be mean sometimes, from the outside it looked like the house was abandonned, the door couldn't handle one more slam . The living room was my father's lair, where he would sit all day long drinking beer or whatever this bad smell coming out of the living room was. The windows and curtains were always closed, it was dark, the only light came from the TV which was on all the time. My room was not like every other teenagers room, my bed was now a matress on the floor, my father got angry and broke it and my mom couldn't afford to buy another one. When I entered my mother's bedroom I felt like I was reliving that day. When I saw my mother's body on the floor, with blood everywhere, I cried for days after what happenned. I thought that he had left for good that I was finally going to be happy but he came back, like a last slam of hammer he destroyed every ounce of happiness I had left, he took the last thing I was holding on to. I didn't want to forget this place, because I grew up here, I had beautiful memories with my mom and my siblings but I had bad memories too, mostly, but they made me who I am.