CHAPTER 8

Leah's pov

flashback

I wanted to be free somehow, I wanted to enjoy my youth and stop taking care of her.  She's my best friend and I tried there for her and to protect her. A few days before the incident she started to become weird, angry and sensitive.  When her mother died it triggered her illness and was diagnosed a few weeks later.

I was heading to the party and spent an hour walking around the house and wondering if she was okay, but I had to go away.  Being in another didn't change anything. So that night i got out of the house and took a walk in the forest and this is when I found her , she was standing in the middle of the road.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her

"I couldn't sleep, I went to look for you at the party but you were gone, those guys are really fun, I hang out with them, they don't even remember you were there, too discreet I guess."

"You seem odd" I said, she was getting closer and closer

"No I'm not, you are, these past few days you forgot about me, like I didn't exist, just like my mom did!"

"Your mom was sick and I didn"t put you aside, it's just that I wanted to go to parties like every other teenagers"

"You don't need this you just need me!"

"No that's not..." I looked down and saw that she was holding a book, more specifically my journal"

"What the hell are you doing with my journal?"

"Oh this!" she smiled. This is really interesting what you say in there, you talk a lot about me, don't you?"

"This is not what it looks like, I didn't mean it and you were not supposed to read that"

No matter what I said it was too late, she was having a manic episode and she was not herself anymore, she's not just bipolar, she's also paranoid and schizophrenic which is not her fault but right now I'm scared.

She threw away the journal, and I started to run and when I turned around she was following me.  I ran until i found myself in the forest near campus, the lake was blocking my way and I couldn't get threw. I was trapped, I turned around, my breath was heavy, she was there like she was going to hurt me. I was sure that's what she was going to do, I wasn't scared, she wasn't herself so I forgive her for what she was about to do.