You Give Good Love

Remaining Trill Chapter:5

{CONTINUED}

Zuri's P.O.V

"Empty words and broken promises are the only memories I have left of you. Zay I can't promise you any of that I'm sorry." I said and watched as he stood back up straight." What?" He asked with nothing but pain lacing his voice. I could tell that my answer was unexpected but I rather be honest than lie." Look I love you, I really do it's just..." I stopped trying to gather my thoughts." Nah I get it, we good." He said handing me the keys and backed away from me." Come here." He said talking to zaya and zavia." I love y'all and don't ever forget that okay." He said earning a nod and hugs from them both." Tete vaeh's gonna take you home okay baby girl." He said talking to zaya then kissed both of their foreheads letting them walk back over to where everyone else was." I'll be back." He called over his shoulder as he walked over to his 2018 all Red Phantom" Zay...zay...XZAVIER." I yelled just a little bit louder once he got In the car." Wassup?" He asked once he let the window down." Im sorry." I said looking at him." Yeah me too." He replied and drove off.
***

Xzavier's P.O.V

I sighed walking back to the car from my dads grave, to say shit was on my mind would be an understatement. As I drove my mind went blank but was still racing at the same time, I put the bottle in the cup holder as I turned the engine of my car off." Zay...zay...Xzavier get your behind in here boy." Miss Celia called from her front porch. I chuckled she be thinking she a nigga moms or something." I know you did not bring your little black ass over here drunk." She said again as she hit my head walking around the kitchen table that I now sat at to. "I need a favor Cece." I said wiping down my face." Now what's wrong baby?" She asked with a look of concern written on her face." Nothing I'm good, I just need to disappear for a little while but I don't wanna hurt my babies by not seeing them or being here for them." I said seeing her shake her head." Xzavier what happened, sweetie where are you going?" She asked." Im not going far, but I need you to get both of my girls whenever I ask and have them over. Cece you can't tell any one not even zuri about what I'm asking you aight." I said and she nodded." I promise now tell me what happened." She said and I shook my head, I was drunk but I wasn't drunk off my ass. We sat there for a moment while I gathered my thoughts then I began telling her what had just happened.
***

Zuri's P.O.V

I sighed as I sat on the balcony, Zavia fell asleep about an hour or so ago leaving me to drown in my own thoughts." The person you have called has not yet set up a voicemail please try your call again later." I sighed getting the same annoying ass automated system." Fuck." I cursed rolling my eyes in the process, as I redialed the same number again for the fiftieth time. I never set out to hurt zay, but I couldn't bare the thought of lying to him. Knowing we're not ready to make those promises and I felt I needed to tell him that. I feel like he needs to realize that it won't just be the two of us that'll have to deal with the fall out if we were to try again and fail, We have Zavia and Zaya to think about. This isn't kid shit anymore we are not who we were 4 and a half years ago. Time flew by as I sat thinking, a few stray tears fell soaking into the fabric of my Silk Robe then I smiled. I smiled because for the life of me I some how knew I'd never be able to get over his hard headed ass, I mean when I was gone I missed him a lot more than I realized things kept happening as I got to watch Zavia grow up and I always found myself wishing I could call and tell him about it but I couldn't, I mean I could have but that would have meant sacrificing the progress that I had made, it would have defeated the whole purpose of me leaving, and it would have put me back in a situation that I'm just not ready for. Walking away from zay knowing that I was still madly in love with him was one of the hardest things I've ever done so I stopped but instead of opening the door when he knocked I locked it, placed caution tape around,and backed into a corner that I still have yet to leave. I don't think coming back here was a very smart move on my own behalf. The sun rise was beautiful and blinding as tears and the brightness from it blurred my vision I guess I'll count this as yet another restless night.