Astray

Remaining Trill Chapter: 7

" Its because I love you. I know your sorrows, pain, and fears as my own Mir. When your down I'll stand for you, and when your up I'll stand beside you okay."

                              -Queen Carter

Xzavier's P.O.V

'You know the right things to say babe
Even though some of what you saying I've heard before
I want you so bad boy I'm not playing
There's just something about you that I can't ignore
Oooo you making me want to do things I never do. Well I hope that you don't make me look like a fool
Boy I'm falling for you

My face displayed confusion as I walked into the house, the music was loud and the smell of food was evident in the air. I made my way to the kitchen, and I smiled seeing Zuri cooking and dancing. Baby was even showing off her vocals as she began to strain the pasta.

'Cause I'm ready
And baby nothing can change my mind
Cause I'm ready
Boy I want this to last a lifetime
Make your way to me touch me anywhere you please
Boy I want you right now
Cause I'm ready
Baby show me what your love's about'

She sang along frowning her face due to the steam coming from the pasta." Wassup ma." I said standing behind her, she gasped and dropped the pot of pasta in the sink." Dammit Xzavier, look what you did." She said mad but a hint of amusement lingered in her voice." My bad." I said trying to save the pasta."Welp there goes the seafood pasta." She said smirking and shaking her head. I looked at the stove seeing all of my favorites sautéed shrimp, crab legs, grilled lobster tails, fresh baked garlic cheddar biscuits, and the sauce for the pasta still cooked on low." What's the occasion?" I asked straining the pasta that was left. She looked down and fiddled with her nails." It's for you." She said making me smile." Damn, all this for me?" I asked fanning fake tears, she laughed rolling her eyes." Whatever, I know that dealing with everything is a lot. I just thought I'd let you know that I'm here, and I appreciate all that you've done." She said looking at me.

Zuri's P.O.V

After battling with myself I've decided to share how I really feel with Zay, due to everything that's happening right now I've realized that life is too short. I'm not saying I'm gonna marry Xzavier tomorrow, i'll just make my feelings crystal clear and let him know my fears. That talk with Yanna really got to me, and the situation with Sharee has really put things into perspective. I plated the food and placed it on the table. Zay should be down in a little, he wanted to shower and change. After a while he can back into the kitchen with his dreads pulled up into a bun, his grey NIKE sweats on, and his slides. His tattoos were on full display and the Gucci cologne he was wearing damn near made my knees weak.

Omniscient P.O.V

As they ate Zuri scanned her mind trying to figure out how to approach the conversation. She was confident at first, but her nerves were starting to get to her." Where are the girls?" Zay asked not looking up from his plate, Zuri shook her head smiling." They're with Celia." She responded." Zay can we talk?" She asked toying with the pasta on her plate." Wassup?" He asked and she sighed." First I need you to know that I never set out to hurt you, I just didn't feel like we were stable enough to make those promises. I was honest when I said, it'll forever be you. And my reaction to the promise  ring wasn't an act of declining. I was only being cautious, let's say we're selfish enough to try again and fail. Xzavier it won't just be us dealing with the fall out, there are two amazingly beautiful little souls that are involved now. They watch our every move and Zavia watches mine, for 4 years straight not once did I cry in front of her. In her mind I'm superwoman, and in mine I have to over exceed her every expectation of me." She said as Zay gave her his undivided attention, he knew where she was coming from." What's stopping you Zuri?" He asked leaning back in his seat." You, Zay I'm weak when it comes to you and it's evident. I don't have boundaries when it comes to you and I can't limit myself. And it honestly fucks me up knowing that I have to, Zavia can't see me that way and Zaya won't either." She stated finally making things crystal clear for Zay." But what?" He asked knowing there was something else she wanted to say." But that doesn't make me happy. I'm depriving the both of us from having what we want, due to all the fears and anxiety from the past. What you did wasn't ungodly and my actions sure as hell weren't justified." She said feeling her eyes water." What's does all of this mean ma?" He asked beckoning for her to come to his side of the table. Wiping the stray tear away and doing as she was asked she sat on his lap and he wiped the remainder of her tears away." All of this means that I'm tried of pretending, Zay everything that's happening with Sharee right now has made me realize that life is too short. So why waist time pretending not to know what we want instead of just going for it. I know I love you and I feel that you love me. However, we will not sit and pick through the events and mistakes that took place between us before. Those kids are gone and we are adults with babies now, our every decision has to benefit them and should never harm them. So promise me that and I promise to put my all into a second chance at us." She said looking at him as he smirked." I promise ma." He said leaning in for a kiss and received it, feeling her smile against his lips.