Worthy

Remaining Trill Chapter: 9

"Love is war, and my loyalty runs deep. He plays a complicated game, but I plays for keeps. He's mine and we will forever be trill."
-Queen Carter

'Two days later'

Omniscient P.O.V

The ride to Julian's was quiet after the jet landed, Vaeh slept in the back of the three seater SUV holding Jazzy as Mir and Zay occupied the second row seats. Everyone was relieved to have them back, however their adrenaline was still rushing and minds were still boggled. Mir was reevaluating everything sighing as he turned to watch them sleep, 'How do I let go? How do I do what's best for them all while destroying their lives in the same fucking process? How do I leave one love for the other?' He asked himself mentally. Mir was starting to regret making the life changing promises he so openly vowed at their wedding, he was destroying Vaeh he felt that he was destroying them all. "We're here." The driver said pulling up to the gold plated gates at Julian's mansion, once he made it up the hill and stopped everyone exited the truck." Oh my goodness." Mama Jas said as she met them all at the door, she greeted Jazzy first with hugs,kisses,and tears of joy. She then greeted Vaeh with a long much needed hug, Mama Jas didn't care that Vaeh wasn't hers biologically or that she was already grown when they met she knew that Vaeh was in need of a mothers love and that's exactly what she gave. From the time she first met Vaeh at the hospital when Mir brought her in all bruised, battered, and knocked up, to the very night Julian found out about her she was there and she'll always be there."I'm okay." Vaeh mumble as she hugged her back just as tight as she was hugging her." No, you're not sweetie. That's the same look you gave the night Javier came clean to your father about what he had done to you." Mama jas said low enough so that Vaeh was the only one to hear and she broke. Vaehs tears finally broke through and she sobbed loud, she was tired of being brave, tired of being the victim, and fed up with being weak."Com'er." Julian called as they all made their way to the living room where he to gave her another much needed hug. After awhile she had calmed down and asked for her kids, they were all napping but she didn't care as she got up leaving everybody else in the living room talking and went upstairs to the guest bedroom her babies were in. She smiled seeing them all spread out over the California king size bed and then decided to climb right in the middle of them all pulling Jamari closer to her. Vaehs eyes watered again as she laid thinking about everything that had happened it terrified her and had taken just a small piece of her sanity, with all that happened she was happy that Jazzy didn't get the shorter end of the stick but was also hurt that she had to fight again to become the woman she so desperately needed to be for her kids and her husband. She never put herself first and that was her problem, Vaeh was too dedicated to being what and who everyone else needed her to be that she actually lost sight of what she needed for herself.
***
Julian sighed in relief as he and Mir sat in his office." You all did real good." He praised nodding his head, it pissed him off that he wasn't well enough to go out looking for Vaeh and Jazzy but he was grateful that Mir and the rest were able to find and bring them back home safely." Yeah, Emilia is dead and we won't have any problems from Emilio." Mir said throwing back the shot of cognac." Good because we may have another threat on our hands, I'm not for sure but it wouldn't hurt to be cautious." Julian said causing Mir to raise his eyebrow in curiosity." Im listening." He said and Julian went on." Vaehs aunt is in town with her grandfather, Anella may or may not have an agenda but I know for a fact that Adisa does. Anything associated with me is in danger Vaehs my seed and Zays her brother, both are apart of Nigeria. Their mother was Adisa's most prized possession but when she met me he turned on her, in a way he forbid our relationship due to my other kids and Jasmine man I was out here reckless so he may be after them but using Anella as a distraction." He said Mir sat quiet letting everything register." Well Zays more than capable of taking care of himself, and you know Vaehs taken care of." Mir said but Julian wasn't convinced." Wassup with you man?" He asked as Jamal came in." Nothing man just thinking." Mir replied rubbing his hand down his face before speaking again." I gotta let them go." He said and piqued the interest of Julian and Jamal both." I'm destroying them, look at this shit. My wife and my baby girl were kidnapped on behalf of the fucked up life that I thought they would benefit from. Barcelona fucking Spain is where they were taken to, half way across the fucking world and for what man hmm?" He asked in frustration, there was never a calm before one of Mirs storms and they were all about to find out." Mir man chill." Jamal said making him look at him." What are you saying?" Julian asked as he raised up putting his elbows on his desk." I'm saying maybe a divorce is the only thing to actually keep them safe, I'm obviously failing fam." Mir said then left slamming the door.
***
After taking the keys from the driver, Mir drove and drove speeding most of the way. He needed to get as far away as possible. Mir needed to think, talk without being questioned, judged, nor criticized for his decisions and or actions. He needed peace, and he needed clarity. He stopped the truck and rested his head against the seat deeply inhaling then exhaling before he got out of the truck, he walked with his head down until he had reached his destination then he looked up. The sight of the fresh grave gave him chills, her tombstone wasn't even there yet just the flowers from the funeral. Sighing as he knelt down before the grave he let his tears fall then wiped them away." I'm lost out here without you babygirl." He said then paused as he looked at the dirt and white lilies that rested on top of it." My faith in you should have remained unchallenged, you were changing before my very eyes and I refused to accept it because I was angry, Mom I was mad, I was being a boy and now it's too late. I need you, I've always needed you and you knew that. That's why you never stopped trying, that's why you never gave up even after I had given up on you." He said then stopped and sighed again. Mir's heart was breaking, he was hurting, he felt vulnerable, and he became pissed that he couldn't replace those emotions with anger. He knew he had no one to blame but himself, he chose not to accept Sharee just like he chose to ignore everything that Vaeh had said. "I failed you, and i'm failing all of them." He said thinking of everything that has happened. Jamir was accepting his truth, he realized that all choices and mistakes were his own and that he could no longer blame his mothers mistakes for his actions."I gotta man up, I owe it to you, them, and myself to be the best that I can be I need to right my wrongs and to do that I need to be alone. I need to give her a chance at real happiness and a better life." He said thinking of Vaeh, he knew this would destroy her and only prayed that she'd understand where he was coming from. After venting a little more Mir got up and went back to the truck hearing his cell ring and it displayed a picture of Vaeh with the kids in the pool.