14•Stories

Armin sighed as the bell rang. Students started to stand up and pack away their things. Suddenly, Miss Zoe turned around from the whiteboard to yell at them in a deep, booming voice, "The bell does not dismiss you, I do!!!"

Terrified students all sat back down at her words.

Then she suddenly laughed and waved her hand, "Nah, I'm just kidding. Go ahead."

They all quickly packed up their things before leaving, and a few even hurried out of the classroom as fast as possible.

Christa waved at Armin with a smile as she left. He was purposefully staying behind to speak with Miss Zoe about something.

Once all the students left, he arose from his seat, slinging his bookbag over his shoulder. The blonde then walked up to the desk where Miss Zoe was sitting, looking at the students' papers. She then looked up and smiled, "Ah, Armin! My favorite student. Have you come to compliment my Mister Ackerman impression? I thought it was great!"

'So that was supposed to be an impression of Mister Ackerman?' The boy just closed his eyes and smiled nervously, "Aha, yeah. It was spot on." He then opened his eyes and looked at her, "I actually have a question for you."

"Ask away!" She chirped as she went back to sorting papers. Armin probably shouldn't be asking this to a science/history teacher. He should have practically known her answer. She would probably state the history of when this belief started and what religions believe in it, but it's still something. It's a start.

"Do you believe in rebirth?"

"Hmmm... Can't say that I do. Why?" The four-eyed answered alongside a question. She didn't even look up.

"Well... um..." he searched his head for an excuse, scratching his index index finger against his cheek. "I'm deciding to study different types of beliefs in my free time. Reincarnation and rebirth caught my eye."

He felt guilty for lying, but he couldn't possibly ever let anyone know Y/N's secret. He would only tell someone if she became a danger, such as threatening suicide.

"Oh. Well, I can recommend some books from the local library. I was curious about it in my youth, too." She chuckled. She then pulled out a sticky note and wrote a few titles with the authors' names on it.

"Thanks," The student smiled as he was handed the slip of paper.

"No problem,"

-

"Why are we here, anyway?" The H/C-ette quietly questioned as they browsed the aisle of the library.

"My teacher, Miss Hanji, told me about some books here that are about rebirth." Armin whispered back.

The girl frowned before chuckling. "You're so curious."

Armin's cheeks heated up slightly. "Is that a bad thing..?" Y/N shook her head once, "No. I've always liked that about you."

Y/N glanced around, eying the shelves of books, "I'm going to look at some foreign books."

After she separated from Armin, she found the area where foreign books were. More specifically, German.

She continued to look for a specific book about tales. When she found it, she pulled it out and looked at the front. She then opened it up, looking for the titles of the tales and realized it was indeed the book she was looking for.

Joy and satisfaction filled her as she smiled to herself. Just by reading the first page brought back some serious nostalgia for her.

-