21•First Kisses

'Early Friday? Already?' The blonde thought. Although everyone loved getting out early, and though he should too, he somewhat disliked it. Classes were cut short, making it difficult for them to finish their work, if the teachers even gave them any. It made certain classes behind others. 'Maybe I could leave and hang out with Y/N.'

Now, now, what exactly is 'Early Friday'? It's an event at school every Friday in the first two and last two months. Students who have good grades and attendance can either leave school early or stay after school and watch a movie in the gym. Usually Armin would be staying after school to hang out with Eren and Mikasa or Sasha. However, none of them qualified.

Eren is failing math and history, Mikasa was sick and spent too many days out so she'll be spending the next month doing makeup work, and Sasha got detention for eating in class. And it doesn't help that she was failing almost all of her classes before getting a tutor.

Armin was already informed by Mikasa that Y/N is just under house arrest and is fine. It's been a couple of weeks and she finally got her phone back and says she can meet up with him, but he should let her know that he's getting out of school early.

-

"What is Early Friday?" Y/N questioned as soon as her blonde boyfriend walked into the playground. She was sitting at the top of the slide and slid down to walk over to the swings.

"It's when good kids with perfect attendance and good grades can get released early. If you don't have either of those, you go to study hall for make up work." He explained, taking his seat next to her.

"I know my mom mentioned something like that when she was younger, but she was never allowed to leave early because she didn't have good grades and skipped school a lot. Of course, she ended up leaving anyway." The H/C-ette mentioned.

"Oh, and the junior-senior prom is coming up. My friend, Annie, is going and invited me but I'm not going."

The girl mentally tensed up at the mention of Annie. She of course ignored it and carried on with their chatter. "Why aren't freshmen and sophomores allowed to go?"

"I don't really know." The boy scratched his cheek.

"Discrimination," She mumbled as a joke, smirking.

Soon after, her face fell back to normal. She turned to look at him to see that he was facing her. Her eyes travelled to his lips, just as his did to her. She forced herself to turn her head, deciding that would be a terrible, terrible, horrible idea.

-
2,000 Years Ago
-

The blonde rushed into the cabin, nearly slamming the door behind him. Nobody besides Connie was quite yet asleep, they were mostly just laying down or getting ready to lay down.

Everyone turned their heads to him as he hurried to climb up the ladder and to his bed, which was of course the top bunk. He even received a few glares from people who had just closed their eyes.

Jean, who was of course procrastinating and talking with someone else, turned to notice. He was about to ask what was up, but an aqua-eyed guy beat him to it.

Armin shoved his face in a pillow just before he heard Eren, who was only recently released from sleeping in a cold basement, call his name.

"Armin?" The brunette questioned, getting out from the bottom bunk to get a better look at his bunk mate. "What's going on?"

He only received a muffled groan in response, his best friend's face so deep in a pillow he might as well have been trying to suffocate himself.

"Hey, I haven't seen you run that fast since-ever." Jean butted in, jokingly.