32

I woke up to a cold bed and the smell of pancakes wafting through the air. I stretched and got myself up, noticing when I got into the living room that Caitlin wasn't there.

"I dropped her off at her apartment, so she could get herself ready for the day. She wanted some time to herself. Plus she had a killer migraine," Barry's voice rang out through my house. "She threw up when I dropped her off. I feel kinda bad," he nervously laughed as he flipped a pancake. I shrugged.

"Worse things in life, I guess." He looked at me and turned off the burner.

"What's wrong?

"There's just a lot going on I guess. I don't know. I feel really detached from myself." I reached over to grab his hand, the shock bringing back some sense of feeling. He then set a plate of the pancakes and a side of bacon in front of me. I started to eat it when I heard his phone go off. He groaned,

"Stuff is going down at S.T.A.R. Labs. I gotta go," he kissed my cheek and stole a bite of the delicacy in front of me being flashing out, flashing back in to say, "I love you," before vanishing again. I sighed.

After finishing the breakfast I cleaned up around the kitchen and changed into my work clothes. I was walking back into the living room to put on my shoes when I heard the same whispering from last night in the hallway. I looked up at the attic door, the whispers growing louder in my head. I pulled down the door and stepped aside at the ladder fell down with a smack, walking up to face what had me so fear-stricken. I switched on the light and froze. Something was wrong. I speed walked over to where my safe was and opened it to find the files I had on Michael Weiss were missing.

Of course.

I finished getting ready and drove to the precinct. Upon entrance, I noticed the place was less crowded than usual. Must've been a slow day. I walked over to my desk as my partner acknowledged me.

"Hey kid, what's up with Bar?" he asked, glancing up at me from his paperwork.

"There was an issue at the lab he had to go help. I'm stuck on normal people duty," I shrugged and brought out my keys to open my filing cabinet. I opened the top drawer to find my copy of Weiss's case untouched, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"What's that you got there?" he nodded towards me. I remembered how Joe told his suspicions of Wells to Barry and I decided to confide in him.

"Our guy that's dead? Michael Weiss. This is my file on him," I pulled a chair over to him and started whispering. He immediately put down the papers in his hand and gave me his full attention. "Or a copy of them at least. I've been withholding information about him from Wells, hiding my file of Weiss in a locked safe in my attic. This morning I went up to check on them and they were missing. Luckily, I saved a copy," I held them up and handed it to him. Just then I saw Eddie walk out of the elevator.

"Arielle! How's it going?" I ran up to him and hugged him, retreating when he winced slightly. I put my hand on his elbow and did what I had done to Barry once before, healing him slightly with my power. He stiffened and then rolled his shoulder, laughing nervously. "That was weird," he mumbled.

"It's been going alright around here. How're you feeling?" I innocently retracted my hand and smiled at him, hoping he would get rid of his suspicious face.

"Much better now, thanks. Hey, I think Joe wants you," he pointed behind me and I smiled at him, giving him another quick hug around the waist before scurrying off.

"Seems like you need to control that healing stuff a little better," Joe mused and I sent him a surprised look. "What? Barry talks to me," he shrugged. His demeanor changed to a serious one and he pulled up an email. "So remember how the only body touched was Weiss's?"