History

Keep getting the feeling you want to leave this all behind. You and me got a whole lot of history, we could be the greatest thing that the world has ever seen. I realize that without you here, life is just a lie. This is not the end. 

жжж

Fred Andrews, Alice Smith, FP Jones, and Hermione Alvarez. Four people who were at one point in time inseparable. Riverdale was their oyster. When they attended Riverdale High just as their children now do today, there were no fathers murdering their own sons and there was no hooded psychopath looming over them.

Fred and FP had been best friends since elementary school, Alice and Hermione had been self-labelled "frenemies" since around the same time. The connection between the four of them was never spawned until the summer before their sophomore year of high school. Riverdale High is currently a small school, but back in the early nineties, there was barely three hundred students enrolled there.

Needless to say, everyone knew of everyone, they had all been friends at least at one point or another in their childhoods, but after elementary school, cliques and tight friend groups were implemented. Alice Smith had been in and out of friendships, her snake-like qualities that were sometimes displayed often proved too much for most girls that had ever been close to her. But, FP and Fred were different. They relied on each other.

FP lived on the Southside in a run-down old house with his drunken bastard of a father; there were many instances where he had shacked up with Fred's family on the Northside. Hermione Alvarez had just moved to Riverdale, so she was not yet aware of Alice's spotty reputation and never felt reason to stay away from her. Their relationship came to be because Alice was a bit of a troublemaker, something that Hermione never was. Together, they balanced each other out.

The very day before the school year would begin, Alice was introducing Hermione to what she humbly liked to call the eggshell game. It was all fair, she only ever did it to people who thoroughly deserved it. But, after Alice had pitched three eggs directly at Tom Keller's brand-new Ford pickup in broad daylight, Hermione was shocked to say the least.

"Alice!" She cried in confusion as her blonde friend grabbed her hand and made a run for it. "You should have just talked to him!"

Alice scoffed, smiling as she ran alongside her best friend. "He should have called!"

Over the weekend, Alice and Tom had been on their very first date and, even though it didn't go very well, he promised he would call – it was only the gentlemanly thing to do. "I thought you said he wasn't even your type!" Hermione yelled as Alice suddenly broke to the left and continued dragged her behind.

"He's not!" Alice laughed, she didn't know whose backyard they were cutting through, but she also didn't care. "He still should have called!" She wasn't truly angry over Tom's behaviour, she wouldn't have called if she were him, but she took advantage of any excuse to have a little fun and cause some trouble while doing so. Besides, it was such a beautiful summer day, how could she pass up the opportunity to spend some time on the run under the sun?

"Are we going to get in trouble?" Hermione was slowly getting used to Alice's antics and being dragged into the so-called fun, but she still had no interest in facing the repercussions.

"Hopefully!" Alice teased, knowing just how nervous Hermione was of the law. Alice Smith was born and raised on the Southside and had resented it for her entire life. She didn't hate that it likely contributed to her free spirit attitude, she was fine with who she was. She just didn't like the fact that Riverdale didn't offer her the same opportunities because of where she came from. She didn't like the reputation that was forced upon her, she didn't like being treated like scum on the bottom of someone's shoe.