Making Enemies

Two Years Ago...

"You are going to kill it at tryouts honey." I breathed in heavily and let out a huge sigh. "Do you really think so Mom?" "You've been cheering since you were four of course I think so." "Okay wish me luck." "You don't need it." She kissed me on the cheek and I got out of the car. "Hey Hana!" "Oh hi Rebekah." "You ready for tryouts?" "For sure, you?" "I'm pumped my mom is friends with the coach and said I might get the chance to be cheer captain for the Junior Varsity team." "Why does that matter?" "Because I like bossing people around duh." "No offense but why does being cheer captain mean so much?" "It's a popularity gain, once I get popular now my spot will be sealed when I'm a senior and I'll rule this school." "But-" "Okay girls let's get started!" Rebekah rushed over to the field while the boys were practicing for football. "Hey Hana!" "Oh no it's the Dolans run away!" The twins laughed. "Ew no don't try and hug me you're sweaty as hell." "I thought that was a turn on for you?" "Shut up Ethan." "What you don't remember when you got your wisdom teeth removed and you said that?" I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna kill you later, I gotta go." "See ya."

Two days later:

"Okay since this is the last day it's time to name off our Varsity captain, our most voted senior... Jessica Ryder!" "Thanks coach, I look forward to working with my favorite girls." "Okay our varsity team, please step forward when your name is called:

Elizabeth Davis
Victoria Davis
Katlyn Masters
Chloe Anderson
Jessica Ryder of course
Diana Barry
And Hana Parker."

"WHAT!" Rebekah yelled. "Come on over Hana." "Um coach I'm only a sophomore." "Jessica also wants you as co-captain." "Why?" "You show so much potential Hana you destroyed the team freshman year because you're so talented, so I want you along my side cheering our boys on and leading us to victory." "Oh my gosh, thank you so much it's a huge honor." Jessica side hugged me and the squad walked off to have a team meeting.

After practice...

"Hey Hana." "Hi Rebekah." She pulled me in close. "Don't expect me to be nice to you you ruined my plans and now, high school will be hell for you." "I'd like to see you try." "Hey Hana we're going to Starbucks, wanna come?" "Sure Jessica, I'm already up there past you and I'm not even trying..." I walked off to join them.

To this day that's why Rebekah has hated me for years, she was my best friend throughout middle school and turned on me when she didn't get what she wanted. After Jessica graduated I became captain for junior year and now senior year and Rebekah has always been cheering and not leading. That's how I got popular and that's how I made a few enemies.