ARC 1 | AQUIVER

Joel opened the blinds to let the things outside had in. The twilight shade the skies had chosen that hour to cloth itself with immediately caught his attention. It was almost sunrise and they had to hurry.

He withdrew himself from the captivating view and returned to his reality. Every piece of heaven was now grey and lackluster.

His greed was his disease, and so diseased his brother became.

-

They stood on the edge of the cliff. The sun was showing slight hints that it was going to rise soon and lighten up everything done dirty in the dark.

Leo took out his hidden blade and reached for the black tie on his neck. He rested the blade there for a while.

His honor, his dignity, his title.

He held the black leather in his hand. How it was special just a second ago. He threw the leather off the cliff.

His honor, his dignity, his title, flew away before his eyes.

He felt Sky put his hand on his shoulder.

"Welcome home, brother."

-

All of his body ached because of not moving, just sitting and making plans, for a long time; reminding him that he was still on Earth and standing on his feet.

The authorities weren't going to stay still when they heard that he was still alive.

And he wasn't planning to join his wife and child any sooner.

-

There was no use in denying that he was a high-born.

Just because he couldn't deny didn't mean that he was going to speak.

Stephen got away and returned to his computer again without a word as if he knew that Jonathan wasn't going to speak.

"I read minds. I was seen as the most royal servant for I could see the deepest of thoughts criminals had. I went a bit far though when I tried to read minds to learn where they held the treasure."

He turned to Jonathan again and his cheerful-reckless persona came out again.

"Aah but such a mistake they made! They threw me out like a pooch and now I'm coming to bite their arses."

He held Jonathan's shoulders firmly.

"Help me in this, high-born. We'll take back what we deserved right from the beginning."

When Jonathan thought that he had nothing to lose, he had forgotten his mind.

Good for him, it was already gone.

-

She had all the time in the world or at least before someone spotted her presence.

Flesh needed to decay before she could summon the bones again.

-

They all waited for the sun, their initiator to show itself fully on the horizon. And when it did, they all knew.

It was time to go.