Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Emma Swan has lived in Storybrooke since she was 13, when she moved in with her new foster family, which turned out to be her forever family. She was adopted by Ruth Nolan, and joined her along with her son David. Eventually joining the small family was David's high school sweetheart Mary Margaret (who in a crazy twist of fate turned out to be Emma's half-sister). When Emma was 2 months shy of turning 18, Henry joined the family as well, all though not all planed, he was extremely loved, Emma absolutely loved being a mom, yes it was tough, but so worth it.

Storybrooke was a typical small town, not much happened, and everyone knew your business. The death of Brennan Jones (which was 5 years ago) was one of the biggest things to happen in years in the town. He was a older single father raising his son after his wife up and left in the middle of the night. There had been rumors for years that Brennan had other kids but it was never confirmed. That was until after his death a young man came to town to take over the care of Brennon's son Will, it turns out Brennan had at least another son named Killian.

Now it had been 5 years since Killian came and got Will and left, leaving behind the Jones house and ship. That is until late last spring, Killian reappeared with a now older Will, and another young boy. Will ended up being in the same class as Henry; they also ended up being on the soccer team together, becoming friends. Through the rest of the school year and now into the summer Emma has gotten to know Will, him having spent some time at her house and her also driving him home, despite all that Emma still had not met Killian. He kept to himself, the times he went to Wills soccer practices or games he often stayed far away from the other parents and would leave quickly with the boy. The only person who really ever spoke to him was Ashley, who ran the day care where Killian sent his son Liam.

But now in the middle of July Emma was finally going to meet Killian Jones. Will had asked/invited Henry over for a campout in the backyard, it would be them, Killian and Liam. Henry really wanted to go, and Emma saw no reason why he couldn't except for the fact she never met Killian. So now here she was driving to Granny's diner, with Henry in tow, to meet him.

They are driving in Emma's yellow bug, Henry in the back seat "So kid, you like this Killian?"

"Yeah, he's really nice. You know he's actually Will's big brother, but he's more like a dad to him. So that means Liam is his nephew, but he says it's his little brother."

Emma smiles at her sons babbling "What does Will call Killian?" she asks trying to learn some about this little family before they get to Granny's.

"Sometimes Killian, sometimes dad, I think he wants to call him dad, but is afraid to" Henry says looking out the window.

"Why is he afraid?"

Henry shrugs "I don't know. I think cause their actually brothers, so he thinks he can't."

"Has he asked Killian about it?"

"I don't know mom" Henry says.

Emma sighs, the kid is seven he probably wouldn't know how or what to ask. A minute later they pull into Granny's parking lot. "Ok kid lets go" she says getting out, moving her driver's seat to let Henry out.

Henry spots a jeep "They're here mom, that's Killian's jeep" he says point to a blue jeep.

Emma lets Henry lead her inside, she is quickly greeted by Will "Hey Emma, you came" Will says excitedly.

Emma ruffles his hair "Of course sport" she says with a smile in the last few months she had grown fond of the boy.

Will takes her hand and leads her to a table, where she sees Henry talking the ear off, of who she assumes is Killian "Emma this is Killian" Will says.