Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The next few weeks go agonizingly slow for all the members of the Jones and Swan families. Emma still took care of the boys in the afternoons, not wanting anyone to suffer due to the fight, and the same went for Henry going to the Jones house, for soccer and rides on the Jolly. Liam's birthday passed, Emma getting time with the boy the next day, Killian not having the heart to say no when the boy laid his puppy dog eyes on him saying he wanted his mommy. Killian, unknown to Emma, still took the papers to the lawyer like he promised.

It was mother's day morning, Emma woke up like any other year, with cuddles from Henry for a while, knowing it may not happen after this year. Now Emma sat on the couch, reading a book, Henry next to her coloring.

"Mom?" Henry speaks up softly, as a commercial break came from his movie.

"Hmm?" Emma ask as she finishes up her paragraph.

"Shouldn't... Will and Liam be here?" Henry asks biting his lip.

"Bud..." Emma sighs.

"You're their mom too" Henry argues.

"Henry, please" Emma pleads "Look... I know this is tough. This is exactly why I didn't even want to date him in the first place."

"But, you guys are meant to be mom. And you are meant to be Will and Liam's mommy."

Emma gives him a sad smile "Henry..." she sighs "I love them, but... I don't think Killian is going to let that happen anymore."

"He wouldn't do that mom, he knows they love you" Henry tells her with a intense certainty.

"I hope you're right Henry, I hope you're right" Emma nods.

Over at the Jones home, things where a bit more glumly then it's been the last several months.

Killian is sitting at his desk, looking over the paperwork of his next big job, when Liam walks in. "Hey, Li."

"Is mommy coming home?" Liam asks, like he has every day, upset he wasn't seeing her everyday like before.

Killian sighs "I'm sorry pal no. You'll see her Wednesday when she gets you from school okay?"

Liam was about to say something when Will walks in "But its mother's day, we should be with her today."

Killian just looks at Will, dumbstruck by what he said.

"Li isn't the only one who considered her our mom, dad. She was to me too. And Henry... wasn't just my friend, he's my brother" Will says, getting more and more upset.

'Will, it's not..." Killian says slightly irritated.

"No it's not dad. Emma is our mom now, whether you guys like it each other or not now. You can't keep us from seeing her" Will says, storming out and to his room.

Killian sighs, and looks at Liam who is on the verges of tears. "Come here Li" he says holding his arms out to Liam.

Liam goes over to him and climbs up into his lap "weally no mommy?"

Killian shakes his head "I'm afraid not bud."

Meanwhile upstairs, Will was sneaking out his bedroom window, wanting to go see Emma. He was on the small awning on the back porch, when he slips and falls, onto the group. As he landed, he heard a snap and sharp excruciating pain want through his arm. "Dad..." he yelled.

Within seconds Killian is outside at his side, checking out his arm "Alright lad, let's get you to the hospital."

A couple hours later Emma is in the kitchen cleaning up from her and Henry's late lunch when her phone rings. Her eyebrow raises at the hospital coming up on the screen "Hello?"