Chapter Fourteen

(Niall’s P.O.V.)

So Morgan was kind of a boss. He had all kinds of cool crap in his house. Like when Deirdre and I first came inside we had to hit the deck because a huge axe cut across where our necks had been.

Morgan sat us down on his couch and served tea, which I was grateful for. I hadn’t had tea since I’d been watched after. I sipped cautiously and Morgan started to talk.

“I found out about the Donny situation about thirty hours ago,” he said.

“You did? And you didn’t alert us?” Deirdre asked, ignoring the tea.

“I did alert the agency, I guess word just hasn’t traveled to you yet. How did you lot hear about it?”

“Oh, Donny was holding us hostage. No big deal,” I said. Morgan and Deirdre both looked at me. “Sorry. I won’t talk anymore.”

Morgan cleared his throat. “Since coming across this information, I have sent in three spies and I already am aware of the predicament that Spencer’s gotten into,” Morgan said.

“Really?” Deirdre asked excitedly. “How is she? Where is she?"

Morgan sighed and put down his tea. “She’s being tortured for information of your whereabouts. She got a break from the pain when one of my spies took over the ‘torturing’ for a few hours, but she’s back where she started now. Also, that nasty cut on her face is getting infected. She’s in the Mourdi Palace in – ”

“India,” Deirdre said cutting him off. I sat in silence, amazed by how much Morgan knew. “Thank you Morgan. We may be back, you’re always such good help.”

“Oh, it’s nothing dear,” Morgan said, waving his hand. Deirdre pulled me off the couch and we started heading out. “I’ll see you again, Deirdre. Nice meeting you Mr. Horan.”

“I like your house, Morgan!” I called as Deirdre shut the door. She chuckled at my last remark and pulled me into the car.

“This is good. Morgan is so great. But we have to take a plane,” Deirdre grumbled, pushing the pedal.

“So?”

“So you’re bound to be spotted at an airport. We need some good disguises,” she said mindlessly.

“Can we fly first class?” I asked hopefully. She giggled and shook her head.

“Once a celebrity, always a celebrity.”

“Hey!” I protested. “You get better food in first class.”

“And that’s the most important thing, isn’t it Nialler?” she asked jokingly. I stared at her in awe.

“Did you just call me Nialler?”

“No,” she said quickly. I poked her ribs.

“You called me Nialler! You gave me a nickname!”

“Your friends gave you a nickname I happened to use by accident. Don’t be such a girl, Niall,” she said grumpily.

“Ouch,” I said with a grin. She stopped the car and grabbed me and kissed me hard on the lips. I pulled away, not able to rid myself of the smile.

“No, no, no. You can’t kiss me until we figure out what’s going on between us,” I said teasingly. She groaned. “So, Deirdre Kennedy, would you like to be my girlfriend?”

She paused, her eyes widening a little bit. Then she looked back at me and smiled. “Yes.”

Then I kissed her as a reward.