Chapter Ten

(Erika’s P.O.V.)

When I woke up, everyone else was asleep. I glared at Allie’s small body heaving with deep breaths. I couldn’t believe she had the nerve to insult me like that. We all knew that I was the smartest when it came to these things. I had definitely gone the longest without falling for someone.

Then again, Allie had never fallen for someone.

Stupid Allie.

I resisted the urge to kick her and then pretend to be asleep. I sighed and looked out the window at the unfamiliar scenery. I had never really liked America. The others girls loved it, I found it annoying, as were the people that inhabited it. For instance: Allie.

“Erika,” Harry hissed. I looked over at him in surprise.

“I thought you were asleep,” I whispered. He shrugged.

“I was,” he muttered, swiping his hair out of his face. He looked at me curiously, then crawled through the car to where I was. He sat down in front of me with a smirk. “How are you, love?”

I stared at him in disbelief. Our last encounter hadn’t exactly been a pleasant one. “Spectacular,” I answered bitterly, turning away.

“Look, I wanted to say that I’m sorry,” he mumbled. I raised my eyebrows. Harry Styles didn’t seem like the person that handed out apologies. “I shouldn’t have said that.”

“Said what?” I asked, looking for specifics.

“On the boat. I shouldn’t have said any of that,” he said. He looked up at me, catching my gaze. His green eyes seemed sincere, something I hadn’t seen in a while.

“I’m sorry too,” I said quietly. He crinkled his forehead.

“For what?”

I turned and looked out the window. “For…everything,” I muttered. I could’ve named the things. Telling him about Donny Rose, constantly fighting with him, trading him away, and kicking him in the shin on the boat. He already knew what I meant though. I felt his hand on mine and I looked at it with wide eyes. Why was he holding my hand?

“You don’t have to be sorry. I understand,” he whispered. I kept my eyes trained on his hand. He gripped mine tighter now and placed his other hand on my cheek, turning my face towards his and forcing me to meet his eyes.

I cleared my throat and slid my hand out of his. “Okay then. I’m going back to sleep,” I said in a civil tone. Harry had earned my niceness by now. He sighed and went back to his seat and I curled up in mine, shutting my eyes.

(Allie’s P.O.V.)

Someone was shaking my shoulder. “Psst! Allie! Allie Bear, wake up,” Louis hissed. I opened my eyes and met his. God they were beautiful. His face cracked into a smile and I looked hazily out the window. It was early morning and the others were sleeping.

“What?” I grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

“I want breakfast,” he said eagerly. I glared at him, wondering if he recalled our last conversation. “Come on. If you’re going to avoid me from here on out, I want one last meal with my Allie Bear,” he said, pouting. He was making it impossible to say no. I sighed and got up. He grinned and jumped out of the car, dragging me behind him.

“Oh my Lord, Louis. It’s early how the hell are you so chipper?” I asked. He stopped running and put an arm around me.

“It’s simple. I’m Louis Tomlinson,” he said in my ear. I smiled vaguely as he brought me into an Ihop.