Chapter Five

(Deirdre's P.O.V.)

When I got back to the room it was almost midnight. Niall hopped up quickly with a huge grin. "Let's go out!"

I shot him a dull look. "Really?"

"Allie took Louis out and I think Caroline's taking Zayn out! Come on! It's late and it's dark, nobody will see me. And I'm hungry," he added. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you always hungry?" I asked. He nodded. I sighed and stared at his pleading face. "Fine. But I think you're incapable of understanding that you of life is at risk, here Niall!"

Niall ignored me and ran out the door with me hot on his heels. "Hood up!"

"Yeah, yeah. I know," he grumbled. "You're like my mother."

"But worse," I added. He scowled at me. "No, you can't go to the pool."

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because that's the most populated area at night, you tosser!" I yelled. He glared at the pool and the started towards the dining area.

He got himself so much food I was surprised he could eat it all. Three slices of pizza, two chocolate bars, a salad, a lobster, and crab cakes. He burped loudly and walked out to the deck.

"Wanna play me in ping pong?" he asked.

"I've never played."

"Never played ping pong? Why the hell not?" he asked loudly. I shrugged.

"No time."

"Well, I'm teaching you how to play this instant!" he demanded. He explained the rules to me and it seemed just like tennis but smaller.

"I'll serve first. Ready?" he asked. I nodded and he tapped the ball lightly over the net. When I reached me, I whacked it as hard as I could causing it to go flying past his head. He stared at me in awe.

"Did I win?" I asked grinning.

"No. You've got to hit the table on my side when you send it back," he said laughing slightly. I frowned and got myself ready.

"Okay, here we go," he warned me. He tapped it lightly again but I did the exact same thing. He started to laugh for real and I grabbed another ping pong ball and threw it at him.

"That doesn't hurt, love," he said. I glared at him and threw a paddle instead. "Okay that hurt."

"Ha," I said. He rubbed the spot where the paddle hit him and retrieved the ball. We tried to play for the next fifteen minutes, but my swing was too hard.

"You've got quite the arm, Deirdre," he said as we walked away. I rolled my eyes.

"It is a part of my job."

"What, ping pong?"

"No, hitting stuff," I snapped. Niall laughed and I raised my eyebrows. "What?"

"You just seem too pretty to be a bad ass," he said. I turned away and hoped my cheeks didn't flush. It wasn't that I thought I was ugly, just working in my profession had never given me time for guys and therefore I didn't have people lining up the street to tell me I was pretty. It was weird.

"Thanks."

(Caroline's P.O.V.)

Zayn wanted to swim. I had no problem with this until he took off his shirt and I caught myself drooling over his abs. Damn it, Caroline! Listen to Erika!

"There a problem?" he asked.

"Nope. I'll keep watch -"

"You don't have to keep watch, swim with me."