Chapter Eleven

(Deirdre’s P.O.V.)

We all stared at the lobby in shock. “So what do we do with the bodies?” Liam asked sounding sickened. I felt my hands begin to tremble and I felt rooted to the ground. Ignoring the silence, Erika and Caroline stepped forward to clear away the bodies. I, on the other hand, was flipping a shit wondering what to do.

“They got Allie,” I whispered. This had never happened before, we’d always been with each other. None of us had ever been caught. Allie was like a sister to me, I didn’t know how to handle this.

“And Louis,” Zayn added. He sat down on the lobby couch and put his head in his hands and rocked back and forth. Before I knew it, Harry stepped forward and flipped the table upside down out of rage.

“Harry, calm down,” Erika insisted. He rounded on her.

“I will not calm down!” he shouted. She widened her eyes in surprise at his anger. “I get that you’ve never had emotions in your life, but I just watched my best friend get kidnapped! He’s like my brother and they could be hurting him, or killing him, and you ask me to CALM DOWN?”

We all stared at him in silence while he glared at Erika, breathing hard. “Well then, how are we going to get them back?” Liam asked, breaking the tension.

“Allie’s shoe,” Caroline said. The boys all stared at her in complete bewilderment, but the rest of us understood.

“Oh yeah, who’s got the other?” Spencer asked, looking around at us. I realized that I had the other and started to take off my left shoe.

“Wait, what are you guys on about a shoe?” Niall asked, furrowing his brows. I hadn’t heard his voice in a while, but it still made my stomach flip over. I hadn’t forgotten what he’d done in the car.

“Allie’s shoe has a tracker in it that can be found using Deirdre’s,” Caroline said. Niall looked over my shoulder as I flipped my shoe upside down and slid the heel to the side, revealing a grid. I could feel Niall’s hot breath on my neck as he examined the gadget, but I ignored the shivers running down my spine.

I pressed the red button and the grid started beeping like mad. After a few seconds, two green dots lit up. One I identified as myself and the other was moving farther away by the second. This was Allie. 

“There they are, let’s go,” I said. We all jumped up quickly and dashed to the car. I ended up crammed into the back seat with Niall, his lingering cologne making me feel like I was falling into a daze.

“Tired, babe?” Niall asked, his lips extremely close to my ear. I opened one eye and found that I was subconsciously leaning on his shoulder.

“Oh, I’m sorry – ”

“Don’t be,” he whispered with a crooked smile. I rested my head on his shoulder again with that. I yawned slightly and he chuckled a little.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“You’re such a bad ass but you’re adorable,” he said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and nuzzled my nose into the crook of his neck.

“I don’t think anyone’s ever called me adorable before,” I whispered. I opened my eyes to see that his crystal blue eyes looked scandalized.

“Why the hell not?” he asked. I shrugged.

“Because my bad ass side tends to take over,” I answered. He raised his eyebrows.

“Really?” he asked. I nodded and I felt his arm snake around my waist, his fingers brushing up against my side. “So I suppose a bad ass like you isn’t ticklish?”