Chapter-3

The moon shone bright in the pitch black sky. Standing by the window, looking at it was Shivaay, The Shivaay Singh Oberoi, the ultimate king of the business world, on whose commands everything around him worked. But today he was feeling different. Three years have passed since he had left college. Two years in London for business training and then he joined Oberoi Industries, but never once had he felt like this. Like something is gonna change, something is being conspired amongst the stars. Everything seemed normal but nothing felt like it.
Looking at the same moon, some 10 miles away, with hopeful eyes was Annika, for whom life had been pretty fast after passing out from college. Its been a week since she started working for Oberoi industries. She haven't met any higher authorities yet but she was determined to make the best out of this job because it meant a lot to her. It always does when you know that at the end of the day, it will be your salary that will decide the course of your coming days, when there is no one to pamper you or take your care. But Annika never complained. She just believed in working hard. After every hectic day she used to stand in front of the moon to ponder upon her thoughts. But today the atmosphere felt unusually tense. Not understanding what was happening she decided to call it a day.
The Moon had always played an important role in  both of their lives. If for Shivaay it provided a conclusion to his long day both mentally and physically, then for Annika it was her silent companion who without interruption listened to every rant of hers. Today the same Moon had fulfilled its friendship with both of them by silently disclosing the destiny's plans but unable to understand them two hearts slept that night,feeling unusually uncomfortable. Little did they know, what awaited them the next day.

The next morning came. Finally the day where things were gonna change came, but unaware of the plans of destiny, Shivaay and Annika started their day as usual. With Shivaay dressed in his usual three piece suit ordering people around and Annika trying very hard to be on time, the day commenced for them. With lots and lots of work to do both of them didn't even had the time to acknowledge that the tightness around their hearts haven't subsided yet. Ignoring it they continued doing their work until a message was dropped to both of their respective phones. The reaction to the message was completely different at both the places.
First let me tell you what the message was; it was a sort of invitation. Invitation to a college trip. On the occasion of the college's 20th anniversary, they had organised a trip to Manali and that to via train. All the gold medal holders from every batch were invited to join.
This message took both of them to a trip down the memory lane. Both of them recalled their friends, professors, canteen, assignments everything and even that certain year of their college life which they have been avoiding since then.
At one side Annika couldn't stop herself from doing a little happy dance considering the prospect of meeting her friends again and taking a much needed break from this hectic life of hers whereas on the other side, it was Shivaay who couldn't even decide that whether he should go or not because apparently traveling by train was not something Shivaay Singh Oberoi would do. But something inside him was telling him that this trip will bring a great change in his life. His heart told him to go on this trip. So listening to his heart for once, Shivaay finally sent his consent to the college.
Both Shivaay and Annika contacted their respective group of friends and discussed about their plans. Everybody's exictmnent was palpable but if someone was most excited about this trip, it was the destiny itself because finally it was the destiny's turn to stage it's favorite play. To bring across two people who never in their wildest dreams thought of seeing each other again.
****
So here goes the next part. The stage is set. Shivaay and Annika are all ready to come across each other. How will they react on seeing each other after three years? To know about it, keep reading. Do not forget to vote abd comment guys.❤