Chapter -11

The next activity lined up for the team was trekking. The camp instructor straight away refused to allow Annika to go on trek keeping her wound in mind. Annika was completely disheartened after knowing this. Not being able to see her like this, Shivaay decided to step in to help her. He, along with Meera and Haider stayed back until the camp instructor went ahead with the other group members and after that they took Annika along with them to the trek. As she was not able to wear shoes, alot of care had to be taken. So not for even a single moment,  Shivaay left Annika's hand. Whenever they had to climb a certain rock, he would himself climb at first then offer  both his hands to Annika which she would readily accept and then pull her upwards. During one of these many pulls, Shivaay used a little to much of strength which resulted in Annika hitting his chest. She was taken aback by this sudden movement. This proximity always messed up her mind.
"This is how I am always pulled towards you Annika. Not even a single chance of stopping myself."  Shivaay said breaking her trance.
"Aren't you being a bit cheesy Shivaay? I mean suddenly, so out of the blue, you are saying all these things to me." Annika said chuckling a bit.
"I am just trying Annika, trying to initiate something between us. From just giving awkward glances to each other to finally saying something about how we feel. And here you are making fun of me." Shivaay said with a little anger and disappointment in his voice.
Annika realised that it wasn't really the right time to joke.
"I am really sorry Shivaay. Its just that I didn't know what else to say or how to react." Annika said making him understand her point and also trying to pacify him.
Shivaay turned to the other side feigning anger.
After thinking about a lot of ways to calm down an angry Shivaay, Annika took a step closer to him. She stood up on her toes and gently pecked him on his cheek.
The moment this happened, Shivaay snapped back to look at Annika. There was a hint of redness on her cheeks. Annika was blushing. Shivaay was stunned and surprised. He wasn't able to come to term with the fact that 'Annika' was the one to initiate something like this. Something so intimate about which he had only thought about like a hundred times. A smile made its way on his face. Looking towards Annika, he gently held her face and made her look towards him. Not wanting to embarrass her or making her repulse, Shivaay decided against speaking anything. He just held her hand and made his way towards other group members.
After pulling that stunt a few minutes ago, Annika finally found the courage to say something to Shivaay.
"Shivaay I can't walk any further. I am tired and moreover my foot has started paining. Can we please sit somewhere?" Annika requested Shivaay, making a cute puppy face.
After looking at that face of hers, Shivaay had this sudden urge of completing whatever Annika had started back then, but looking around he thought that it wasn't the right time.
Shivaay looked around to find some place for him and Annika to sit and on finding one he made Annika sit there comfortably and took his spot near her.
Both of them sat there in the lap of the nature, with gentle wind blowing around and a certain serenity surrounding them. As others made there way ahead to complete their trek, leaving both of them behind, a certain silence took over the place. This silence was so comforting that for a fleeting moment, both of them just closed their eyes to feel it. To feel the beauty of the nature.
****
So here goes the next part guys. A Shivaay and Annika are taking ahead one step at a time in their relationship.
Annika and Shivaay are sitting in just nature's vicinity with no one around to disturb them. So what according to you will be tge conversation that will follow? To know about it, keep reading further. Do note forget to vote and comment.
And once again I am sorry for the delay in the update. I will try updating the next chapter soon.
Lots of love.