Chapter-5

Shivaay couldn't exactly understand what had happened a few minutes ago. He wanted to talk to Annika, to get the answers for which he had been longing for so many years, but that other girl wasn't letting that happen. She was continuously bickering and and to top it all, she shouted on him, on the Shivaay Singh Oberoi. This wasn't something that would have gone down easily with Shivaay. So he reacted in his usual way, he shouted back. But one thing he didn't kept in mind was Annika's reaction. And he was stunned to see her flinch back when he raised his voice and give him a disappointed look. Before he could understand her reaction, what she spoke after that left him all the more shocked.
"I should have known better.."
What did she mean by this statement? What exactly was there in her mind? Shivaay didn't even know about what she actually thought about him and all these questions were making him go crazy.

"See we told you he is not a person you think him to be." Arunima told Annika when they were returning back from 1C.
"You were the one who started the argument.",replied back Annika.
Annika herself couldn't understand why she said that but she just couldn't stop herself from doing so.
"Oh my my, look who is defending someone even after all of this.", said an amused Arunima.
"I am not defending him. I am just stating the truth." Annika replied back a bit harshly. She was getting irritated now.
"Why are we fighting. Just leave it and enjoy." ,guessing Annika's mood, Arunima suggested.
Annika decided to remain silent. She herself didn't know why she was defending Shivaay. Back there she was the one who was disappointed in him but now she just couldn't stand Arunima saying all those things about him. She wondered that were all those things, which people told her about Shivaay right? Didn't he change after three years? She had so many questions but not even one way to get answers to them.
"Aarghhh! I will go crazy", thought Annika.
Knowingly or unknowingly, they were making each other go crazy,as always.

After pacing around the whole compartment numerous times, Shivaay finally decided one thing, he needs to get all his answers from Annika and he will get them by hook or crook. One thing which he understood from her look was that something was wrong. She had many misconceptions about him because the eyes which were once full of admiration and fondness, today showed disappointment. He need to make everything right between them and he will,after all, Shivaay sab theek kr dega.
Annika was sitting with her friends and scrolling down her phone when she felt the air getting charged. She knew Shivaay was around. She was proven right when she looked up and her eyes met those blue-green mysterious ones of Shivaay. After a brief eyelock, Annika averted her gaze. She knew that if she continued looking into them any longer she will get drowned deep inside them, and there will be no way left for her to swim back to the surface to save her life. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was bad news and she knew that she has to stay away from him.
Shivaay had entirely different plans in his mind. He witnessed how she looked away and how hard she was trying to not to look back at him. But he was the SSO and he could very well see her failing. He had come here to see where she was sitting and how many people were around her. He will talk to her in this train journey only,and no one would be able to stop him.
The sun had finally settled and the moon had made its appearance. The same moon which had earlier acted as a messenger of universe and conveyed the message of an upcoming change to both Shivaay and Annika, will now become a witness to the same and see it finally happening though not from an open sky but by peeping through the train windows.

Annika laid down on the uppermost berth. She knew that she won't be getting any sleep because her mind was already occupied by a certain blue eyed senior of hers, who once she thought to be her Prince Charming. Not that Annika didn't feel anything for him now, that would be a complete lie. Her heartbeat still raises whenever he is around, her heart still skips a beat whenever she looks into his eyes but her mind wasn't ready to take any kind of risk. She didn't want to complicate her life.