[둘]

chapter 2:
explain

third person
"that's not possible," stated firmly the younger of the choi sisters.

her sister's a witch? she couldn't believe it.

hae seul couldn't believe it either, but in another way.

"so all this time.. i wasn't normal?" she asked herself.

nj: i know it seems unbelievable because it's coming from me and not your mother, but it's true.

ay: then explain "demon hunter". what's the backstory of my family line of witches?

nj: it's actually not your family line..

hs: what are you saying...

nj: i'll get to that later. lets just start with the basic info. hae seul, you are a demon.

hs: as in from, the underworld??

nj: yes..

this is where ain yeon had to draw the line with what she thought was lies.

ay: ok this is where i stop you with this magical bullshit. my sister is not a witch or a demon! and the underworld isn't real. only in mythology.

nj: and if that is so, where did that shadow thing, that almost killed your sister about 4 minutes ago, come from?

ain yeon instantly fell silent.

nj: anyways. your mother, kim haeji, is a cambion, just like me. and a witch. a powerful one.
when she was not on the surface, she was in the underworld. fighting demons who wanted to rid the underworld of the witch race.

hs: and they are coming for me next.

nj: precisely. so when you're mother died in battle-

ay: wait. mom died in a car crash.

nj: that was all a cover up. i mean, you just can't tell people that she's a witch

ain yeon had to sit down upon hearing this.

her mother was everything to her. her role model, her inspiration, her friend. now to find out she lied. about who she was and what she did. at this point, ain yeon wasn't even sure if haeji was her name anymore.

hs: i'm guessing thats why father abandoned us. because he knew about mother. and what i was going to become..

nj: i don't have the answer to that, but that's the best bet right now.

hs: oh..

ay: now you have to answer my question. what do you mean by not my line? why am i not a witch? and if hae seul is a demon and mom's a nephilim, what does that make dad?

nj: i seriously don't know why haeji left me to tell you guys.

namjoon looked at the floor looking quite nervous to tell the girls what he knows.

ay: spill it namjoon.

nj: you guys aren't really related.

ay x hs: what?

nj: hae seul, you're mother was raped by a demon when she was kept hostage by an anti-witch gang of them. that's why you're a pure blood not a half blood like your mother and i. as for you ain yeon, from what haeji has told me, you are the love child of your father and his mistress. so you two aren't blood related at all. im sorry girls.

it was like the life had been sucked out of the two. their skin became more pale than it was before, which until then, they didn't think was possible.
This past year without their mom and 6 months since their dad left, the only thing they had was each other. their sisterly love is what kept them going. now to know they aren't sisters, after the 20 years of believing that, was heart shattering.