[열두]

chapter 12:

wanting an 'us'

third person
the young witch sat at the peak of the council's hideaway. she teleported herself there maybe an hour ago, to just clear her head and heart.

everything was happening too fast for her. she was nearly murdered by a whisp, found out her and her mother's true identity, blew up her house, travelled to the underworld to protect an important piece of regalia -- to nearly be killed by her mother's killer (and crush's ex) and watch her sister get kidnapped. then after that she nearly flood out an entire base while trying hover on rock, got put in the naughty corner, then got naughty said corner with her crush that apparently (but hasn't explicitly stated that he) likes her back. and now she has less than a month to prepare for the ultimate war that could possibly wipe her both her worlds clean of this earth

hs: wait, do i like namjoon???

yes. that was the only question that she could formulate after all of that.

they say when you reach 21, that's when shit gets wild. after her mother's death, and her 'dad' leaving, she thought she was ready. well she was ready actually; ready to be a human 21 year old. a heroine? not so much. she would kill to just be take the molly and have the hangovers and the student debt instead.

hs: mom, god. why couldn't you just tell me that this was what was waiting for me age 21.

quiet tears stained her cheeks as she gazed up at the stars. one thing change she has gotten used, is how beautiful the sky is in the underworld. she loved to look outside the telescope at night to catch a glimpse of the frequent star showers. looking up at them with your own eyes was much more soothing than she could ever fathom.

lost in the moment, she didn't notice a magic message that had formed on her forearm. she felt a tingling sensation that drew her out of her deep contemplation.

"meet me in the dorm. i haven't seen you in a bit, and i really think we need to talk. - joonie"

"magic marker? god. he knows this shit is hard to wash off," the witch sighed.

it's basically how witches and non witches can communicate with each other if they are in same realm. usually namjoon just used it to message her when she took long in their shared bathroom.

hs: what would we need to talk about? .....

...

...

...

hs: oh right, i made out with him.

big yikes, she thought.

not that this kiss was not a 'big yikes'. she would do it again and again, if life was so gracious enough to give her the opportunity. it's just that with all that's going on, the last thing she wanted to do was sort out her messy, tangled up affections and somehow come up with a coherent conclusion then sum it all up to him. but she couldn't keep the man waiting. so she pulled her wand out of her messy bun and casted the teleportation spell.

"lacunae magicae" she repeatedly said.

(where my CAOS stans at lmfao)