[열하나]

chapter 11:
inner demons

hae seul
so, it's been 3 days since i nearly killed everyone 🙃 and currently i'm being quarantined. i think it's kinda dumb that they're literally quarantining me like i have some infectious virus, but i guess i can understand.

maybe i can't control my powers after all..

i sat by my glass window as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

i mean, i know that it wasn't completely my fault, as enyo said. but i still feel like i am to blame.
ever since i stepped foot into the underworld, i felt a new wave of responsibility surge through my system. i am expected to be this fantastic witch of the infamous kim line, ready to lead the witch race into battle against its counterpart - but that's just not me.

a week ago, i was simply just a regular 21 year old in seoul, trying to get by. and i feel like i am always gonna be that hae seul. i know it actually. but it upsets me that i'm disappointing so many people. people whose lives depend on me and my abilities.

"you may think you are just some 21 year old, but i think we both know you have so much more to bring to the table,"

i was startled out of my thoughts by the sound of a familar voice.

"namjoon?" i called out.

i turned around to see namjoon, standing by the visitor's area behind the glass of my prison.

nj: you were talking out loud, haha.

he wore a beige trench coat with a fitting white tee that clearly displayed his well defined chest.

i wouldn't think namjoon ah was the type to work out, i thought to myself.

his face was adorned with thick, black-rimmed glasses and his beautiful smile. i felt myself melting from the radiance of his bright and bubbly grin.

i got from my bed and walked over to the glass slowly with a small smile

"welcome to my crib for the time being," i said with a laugh.

he released a giggle as well but his eyes were telling a different story. a look that was more apologetic.

nj: it's actually hilariously sad that they actually quarantined you.

hs: hilariously sad?

nj: yeah, i dont know if i should laugh or feel bad 😂

i rolled my eyes as far as i could then glared at him.

"yeah, go ahead namjoon, yuck it up!" i said lowly as i fidgeted with my fingers.

"i'm really sorry though, hae seul."

my head shot up as he said this.

nj: if i could break down the glass to give you a hug, i would. trust me.

this sentence made my heart flutter.

he cared about me? i thought to myself.

i mean, i knew he cared. but i didn't really know that he cared. if that makes any sense.