Chapter 2

I hesitated at the door as every atom in my body was dreading what they could say. I have a feeling I know what it is about, and I don't want to confirm that. "Are you going in, Princess?" Izuku nudged me as I just stared at the door. I sighed in defeat and knocked. "I guess I have to..."

"Come in." My Father's voice was muffled by the heavy door separating us. I pushed it open and peaked my head in. He was sitting on his throne with Mother to his left. He looked serious as me motioned me in. Izuku followed and bowed to my parents. "Sir Midoriya, thank you for escorting her here. You may see yourself out." My mother said softly. I looked back at him as he left, wanting to tell him to stay, but my voice was caught in my throat.

I stood meekly in front of the two strangers who were my parents. I was much closer with the guards and other servants of the castle than my own flesh and blood. "(F/n), I am sure you know why we have called you in here." Father started off. I avoided eye contact with the both of them, looking down at me feet and playing with the hem of my bodice. "You have of the age to find you a suitor." He finished.

My stomach dropped. I hated the idea of being married of to some man I didn't know, a man that I didn't love. "No." I gathered my courage and looked up at him defiantly. "What did you say?" His stotic face hardened. I took a deep breath and spoke clearly. "I said no. I do not want to be married off to the man of highest bidding."

"You will do as I say. I am your Father and King. Your hand in marriage will earn out kingdom strong ties with a neighboring kingdom, which will come in handy one day." I looked to my mother to see if she was on my side. She had nothing to say. "The only thing making the both of you my parents is the blood we share. I am honestly surprised you know my name." I turned my head in defiance. "I will not tolerate you speaking to me or your mother that way!" His strong voice boomed. I flinched. The confident facade I managed for a few moments crumbled to the ground. "You will do as we say, do you understand?"

Tear welled up in my eyes as I turned and left the large hall, not acknowledging him. I ran past Izuku and up the stairs. My throat was burning from the tears and sobs I was holding back. I locked myself in my room and sat with my back against the door.

(Izuku POV)

I was getting a little worried as I waited outside of the main hall. I could hear muffled yelling, but couldn't quite make out the words. "I hope it isn't my fault... I knew I should have made her go to her lessons..." I mumbled to myself.

The door suddenly flew open and (F/n) ran out crying. I tried to scramble to my feet and go after her. "P-Princess wait!" I ran up the stairs after her; it was to no use as she slammed the door. "Princess, is everything alright?" I asked, even though I knew it wasn't. "Please leave me alone, Izuku..." I could barely make out what she was saying, but I honored what I heard and decided to do as such. I sat down beside her door and took the book from my belt, waiting for her to come out.

-

"Izuku honey, wake up." A soft voice was calling out and gently shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes and moved my hand in front of my mouth as I let out a yawn. "Oh, hello...AH I'M SO SORRY QUEEN. I WASN'T SLEEPING I PROMISE." I quickly shifted to my knees and put my forehead on the ground as I bowed. She let out a slight laugh as she stood up. "Izuku, please stand up."

"Y-Yes Ma'am." I scrambled to my feet once again. "Would you be a dear and walk with me in the gardens? I have something I would like to talk to you about." I nodded. "Yes, of course."

We walked through the castle in silence until we made it to the large garden. "So what would you like to talk about?" I asked nervously. "First, I would like to thank you, as Queen, and (F/n)'s mother, for how well you have served us and taken care of her." She smile warmly at me. "It's my honor, your Majesty."

"I would like you to keep comforting her in the way that you do best, if that isn't too much to ask. Se is always happy around you, and I hate to see her upset like she is. You have a way about cheering her up. She hasn't come from her room all day and I am worried about her..." She trailed off and looked at a rose, tracing her fingers along it. "Anyways, I would love it if you could take her a tray of dinner and see if she will take it." She cast me a worried, but warm smile. "Of course, your Majesty." I bowed at the waist. 

-

I went to the kitchen and grabbed the tray of food waiting for me to take. I quickly, and carefully, carried the tray up the many stairs to the familiar wooden door. "Princess? Are you awake?" I questioned as I knocked on the door. I heard no response and knocked again. After a while off waiting, I pushed on the door; it didn't budge.

I set the tray down at her door and went back outside to the gardens. As I walked, I counted the windows, stopping when I got to the one for (F/n)'s room. I saw the curtains billowing slightly in the fading light of the day. "I must have left the window open from this morning..." I mumbled as I climbed up the vines running along the walls up to the balcony.

I stepped through the open window after trying the balcony door. I looked around the dim room. Panic struck me as I didn't see (F/n) anywhere. The bed was still made and the bath was empty.

A lump by the door caught my attention. I let out a sigh of relief as I went over to her. She had fallen asleep against the door. "This is no way for a princess to be sleeping, (F/n)." I said lightly as I picked her up from the cold from and moved her to the bed.

As I laid her down, she locked her arms around my neck. "Stay with me for tonight, please..." She whispered. My face flushed hot. "I-I can't! It is extremely inappropriate!" I stuttered out. She opened her eyes and pouted. "Will you at least lay with me for a few moments then?"

'So cute...' I thought to myself and shook my head. "I-I don't kn-"

"Pretty please?"

I caved. "Fine... But only for a few minutes." She let go of my neck and scooted over. Bent down and took of my shoes, proceeding to lay in the spot her made. I felt like my body was on fire as she scooted back closer to me and buried her face in my chest.

"Thank you, Izuku..."