Chapter 6

The day past too fast rather uneventfully. Bakugou had no problems in training and was soon given his sword. Since this, he constantly was challenging Izuku to sparring matches or duels. "Princess, pay attention." Aizawa said flatly as he continued on with the lesson. I looked out the window and sighed.

As soon as I tried to leave once the schooling ended, I was stopped again. "Sorry Princess, we have been asked to give you dance lessons for the upcoming ball." Aizawa said, sounding like he hated it just as much as I did. 'We?' Before I could question it Izuku walked in. "Sorry I am late." He was slightly out of breath and was bowing at the door, I could tell he ran to get here.

The pit of dread that I had pushed away was forming again. I knew I was being selfish, but in a life of selflessness, can't I have this one selfish act? Was it too much for me to ask? The answer, yes. This one simple thing was almost unthinkable for someone of my status.

-

"...And you take their hand that your partner holds out to you." Aizawa explained. I took Izuku's extended hand and he put his other on my hip. "Now, Princess you put your free hand on his shoulder." I nodded

This went on for hours.

 "Princess, make sure you are looking at your partner and not your feet." Aizawa scolded. "Sorry..." I said before looking back up at Izuku. His eyes were charming and I get lost in them easily. The beautiful green that complemented his skin. The flecks of lighter green scattered in the pools of emerald that were his irises. I looked away again, embarrassed, as heat rose to my cheeks, tinting them pink.

Aizawa stopped playing piano and looked a the two of us. "You're dismissed for today." I thanked him and left before he could call me back in to do more work.

-

The lesson's continued on, every day at the same time. My moves became more fluid and Izuku's toes were being stepped on less and less. The more time we danced together, the more I began to realize I really didn't want to dance with anyone else.

"Ne, Izuku?" I asked and looked at him as we walked aimlessly through the empty halls. "Yes, (F/n)?" His emerald eyes were captivating as he looked back at me, curiosity sparkling behind them. "At the ball tomorrow, will you dance with me? Even if it is only just one song?" It would make the night 1000x more bearable with him around. He smiled but was obviously confused by the request. "Of course, (F/n)."

-

I sat in front of the vanity as Inko brushed through my hair and pulled it into an intricate up do. "Are you excited, Princess?" She smiled at me but knew how I really felt about it. "Its been so long since they have held a ball here... I believe it was when you were still very young." She continued so silence wouldn't hang over us for too long. "I remember caring for you and Izuku in the nursery while it went on."

Though I couldn't remember, I could definitely picture Inko taking care of both Izuku and I as the faint music traveled into the room. It brought a smile to my face. "Are you ready to get into your dress?" She said, helping me scoot my chair back. I didn't say anything and nodded, standing up.

She held it out and helped me step into it, then laced up the back. Walking around me, she fluffed out the skirt and straighten everything, making sure I was presentable. "You know, (F/n), I always thought of you as a daughter." She said as she looked at me with tears in her eyes. "It's hard to think you are this grown up." Inko smiled as she wiped at a tear that threatened to fall.

Her words pulled at my heart strings. "Thank you, Inko." I smiled. A knock at the door interrupted the tinder moment before it slightly opened. "Princess, are you ready? The guests have already started arriving." Izuku said, looking away just in case I wasn't decent. "Alright, I am coming." I said and walked to the slightly open door. "Are you here to escort me?" I smiled at the slightly blushing boy. The green headed boy nodded and held out his arm, which I gladly took.