Chapter 7

I stood nervously as I hesitated at the top of the stairs, Izuku's arm locked with mine as he lead me to the ball room. The pit in my stomach was hard to ignore as I was lead down the grand stair case.

Izuku's handed me off to my dad, who was waiting at the bottom, once we made it to the floor. I gave Izuku a small curtsie and he went off to tend to the guests. I put on my best smile as Father paraded me around to the different people he deemed it important for me to meet. I stood quietly, nodding when they addressed me and speaking when needed.

We made it to a familiar face, the King of the neighboring kingdom. He was a harsh ruler and intimidating man. His hair resembled flames and his eyes burned with intensity.

"Enji, I'm glad you were able to make it." My father greeted him and nudged me forward. "This is my daughter, (F/n) I wrote to you about. I feel that her and Shouto would get along wonderfully."

The talked back and forth about us but I couldn't be bothered to listen. I already know my father wants to be on good terms with the Todoroki family, so know how this will end.

"Here comes my son now." Enji said, making a beckoning motion past me. A boy my age came up, I could only assume he was a Todoroki. Overall, he was charming. His handsome features were complimented by the formal wear he was clad in.

He looked to me and my father and bowed. "I am Todoroki Shouto." I met his heterochromatic as he stood back up. I froze up for a minutes before I realized I needed to introduce myself.

"I'm (L/n) (F/n), its nice to meet you." I bowed as well, a light blush warming my cheeks.

He held out his hand as a new song started up. "Care to dance?" His voice was smooth and charming. I nodded and took his hand as he leaded me to the dance floor.

My hand felt awkward on his shoulder as his height was definitely taller than Izuku. His hand felt foreign  on my upper hip as he lead me through the first steps of the dance. His moves were much smoother than the bashful dance partner I was used to.

As we moved to the enchanting note of the song, my mind couldn't help but travel elsewhere.

Part of me wanted to get lost in the moment, to take it all in; but I couldn't. "I take these kinds of things aren't your forte?" His smooth voice asked as he spun me around, not missing a step. I forced a small laugh a and apology. "Sorry... But no, I don't fancy this."

"Me neither." He said. I smiled a little, finding a bit if humor in it. "I guess I don't feel as bad then."
-
We danced for what felt like ages, song after song, having small talk as we glided around the floor. I found myself enjoying his company and thinking less of those around us.

Once the dance ended, I felt the wear of all the dancing. "Thank you for the dances, Shouto, but I am going to retire early." He nodded and took my hand. "Of course, Princess." He gently passed his lips the the back of my knuckles before parting with me.
-
Izku walked with me back to my room, he was quiet and not quite himself. I looked at him as we walker the dim lit hallway, he looked like he was deep in thought.

We made it to my room and he opener my door, the piano from down stairs still be heard playing on gently. Izku gave me a small smile, "Good night, Prin-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"Before you go... Will you dance with me?" I was nervous, even though I knew he would say yes. He gave a small chuckle and took my hand. "Of course."

Though the music was quiet and muffled from the distance, it was perfect. I sighed and lauded my head in the crook of his neck, his delightful smell filling my senses.

"A-Are you okay, (F/n)?" His stutter poked through some of his words as he seemed to be flustered by my actions.

"Izku...." I paused for a moment and lifted my head from his shoulder. I met his emerald eyes and took a deep breath.

"Lets run away together. "

-----
Sorry that this is beyond late and horribly unedited...