Chapter 7 Yuzu POV

I woke up groaning from the pain I was in. Dang how much fighting did I do. All I remember is me fighting monsters, killing the crazy chick, and saving Mei. I think I might of went a TINY bit over board....yeah even I don't believe that. I try to get up but I'm trapped by delicate arms. I look down to see Mei sleeping.
I silently sigh and shake Mei a bit.
"Mei if you don't wake up I'll kiss you" I say with a small grin.
"I'm gonna do it..." I say
"Fine then"
I lower my head to become level with hers and I take hold of her cheeks. I then gently put my lips onto hers. Mei soon opens her eyes just the second I kissed her. Surprisingly she kissed back. I pulled away after a minute or so.
"Mei I might as well say I lo-" before I could finished my sentence Mei covered my mouth.
"I love you Yuzu...that's who I love" I heard Mei say with all of the strength she had.
"Right back at ya"
"You're an idiot ya know"
"No I'm your idiot"
Mei smiles at my stupid comment. I couldn't help but grin at it too. We get up and brush our teeth and head into the throne room. Everybody then turns their gazes to me.
"Yuzu you're okay!"
"Yuzu!"
"Yuzucchi!"
I heard people calling my name in relief. I'm a little scared if I did go overboard.
"Hey nice to see ya again"
I grin. Everyone then burst out laughing.
"Oh yuzu and her comments"
I hear Matsuri say. Oh yeah I know I was probably out of it for a long time but I so remember her posting that picture.
"Hey matsuri can you come here for a bit"
I honestly saw complete fear in her eyes. She also lost the color in her face. But she still walked over.
"Y-y-yes"
This is too much. I almost broke out laughing.
"A bit closer"
She took another step.
I then punched her in the face With matsuri flying into the wall. She looked like a sticker stuck on a paper. I instantly broke out laughing. And so did everyone else. It was just too funny. She had the look of terror written all over.
"Anyway, yuzu how do you feel?"
I hear sho call out to me with slight concern. I was honestly a piece of dirt but I kept him positive.
"I'm fine"
I grin my usual toothy grin.
"Oh come on yuzu don't lie to me I see it in your tail behavior"
Dang he's right. My tail wasn't swaying like usual so that was an immediate give away. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I turned into a cat. It's possible for me I just gotta try really hard. I think I was out of it until Mei waved her hand in front my face.
"Hello~ Earth to yuzu"
"Oh yeah...wassup"
Mei just giggles and says,
"dad wants to do tests on you again"
"Okay"
Mei leads me to a room with a bunch of devices. I was then lead to a chair and sat on it. They then start asking me stupid questions like 'do you have a dad' 'are you part cat' 'am I in complete control of my powers' and so on.
But a sudden question comes up.
"Do you know where your dad is" the man says. I look at him with sad emerald eyes. I slowly shake my head. Unable to answer such a question.
"Okay results are in get her there now boss!!"
The dude shouts. I'm then taken to a pitch black room.
"Okay start it up!"
I look around. Surprised to see that I'm outside in the beautiful grasslands with mountains in the background. I look at the sky to see that it's as sunny as the day I was born.
I look forward to see something I didn't think I would see.

Dad...

I then look to the side to see me.

"Dad when am I gonna be just as good as you" I hear myself say with a sad expression.
"It's easy yuzu. All you gotta do is keep a fire in your belly." My dad says grinning. That's where I got it from.
"Oh okay but...can you roar one more time"
"Sure thing"
I see my dad get his roar ready to go.
"FIRE DRAGONNN...ROARR"
I hear my dad say in his low dragon voice.
"That was awesome dad! I promise to practice everyday"
"That's the spirit" then younger me and my dad break out laughing as they disappear. I stare in that same direction. I feel as if I just can't move anymore. I took a tiny step but stopped. I felt tears stream down my face as my knees gave up on me. I fell on the ground talking ever so quietly.
"Why'd you go"
"Please...just come back to me"
Then the room goes back to normal and Mei runs up to me.
"Yuzu are you okay? here let me help you up"
Mei pulls me up and hugs me.
"It's Okay yuzu"
"...just promise to never leave me"
"Got it"
After a while of me quietly sobbing I let go and head outside.
"I'm going for a walk mei wanna come?" I ask
"Sure"
We walk out of the doors walking around town. We kept getting stares like usual. I the put my hand right next to Mei's. She then got a hint and intertwined our fingers. We got even MORE stares after that.
I'm starting to get ticked off again.
"The heck you lookin at!? Mind your own business" I shouted with my dragon voice. People immediately shot their attention else where.
"Yuzu you scared them again" Mei said with a small sigh.
"So they wouldn't mind their own business." I say calming down just a bit. We go to store to store for about hours.
"Yuzu my feet hurt can we go now" Mei pleads with puppy dog eyes.
"Sure" I grin as I say this Picking up Mei bridal style. She looks at me with wide eyes as I grin right at her.
"Yuzu Dragneel!! Put me down!" Mei whines.
I just run even faster for the castle.
"You're the one who said you your feet hurt"
Mei just sighed in surrender. I giggled a bit a this.
"I love you mei"
"Right back at ya"
I just laughed and kept on running.