9

"I told you to stay inside!" He whispered. "I can't leave you. And I told yo--" Something caught my eyes. It was a shadow. "Issac, who is that?" I pointed at the shadow. He turned around and hid me behind his back with his arm. "Go in." He pushed me slightly.

I was taking a few steps back but my eyes were fully on Issac. But then something else caught my eyes again. I turned to the left and saw the little girl standing in the middle of the road. "Issac, the girl." I didn't wait for his reply and walked towards the girl.

"Shh.. it's okay. I'm here to help." I carried her in my arms and turned around. I saw Issac staring at me. I took slow steps towards him while looking into his eyes.

crish

I stopped walking. I looked down and saw some broken pieces of glasses. I knew if I make any sound, zombies will hear it. I looked at Issac who was worried. I tried to walk slowly without making any sound. But, a broken piece of glass cut my foot. "Ahh!" Shit!

"Run!!" Issac shouted. I held the girl even tighter. Issac grabbed my hand and we ran back into the building. "Run, Eve! They are chasing us!" I managed to run up the stairs till the last floor to the terrace. I looked back and didn't see Issac. "Issac?"

Did I lose him? No. No. No.

"Eve!!" I let go my breath which I held for so long. He locked the door behind him. "Issac.. I tho--" He held my face. "You have to go. Get this girl with you. Go to the next building." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the edge. There was another building same height of this building. "Issac, how are we getting there?" He was thinking of something. And I wonder why he was rushing. There were no zombies chasing us right now.

"Issa--" He pulled me and kissed my forehead. "I'm infected."