10

His words cut deep into my heart. I'm infected.

"Eve, look. There's a way to get into the next building but you have to jump. I know it's scary to jump this high. But you have to do it." I wasn't listening to him. Was he really infected?

"Eve! Eve, I don't have much time. Please." Tears fell out of my eyes. "Eve, my baby, I love you." I shook my head. "Not without you." I whispered. I looked at his face and saw his cheeks were turning blue. Then, his arms. "Issac, I.." I let the tears to flow.

"Evelyn, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. I love you, baby. You're strong. Be strong for me. I'm always with you. In your heart." I cried when the words left his mouth. "Now go!" He pushed me. I took baby steps with the girl in my arms.

I turned around and saw Isaac was standing in the corner staring at me. He was smiling but with tears. I looked at his hand and saw a bite mark. I looked at him again. His brownish eyes were turning into blue.

I stood at the edge of the building, looking down. I was about to jump but someone grabbed my hand.

"Issac!!" I was pulled down and I pushed the little girl away. "Run!" Issac was on top of me. Or should I say it wasn't him but a zombie. My love. A zombie. "Issac!!" He grabbed my arm and bite it. "No!" I stared into his eyes. He was looking into my eyes too with emotions. "Issac.."

Boom.

I shut my eyes after that sound. The next thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Issac standing. I looked up and saw a helicopter with a few soldiers trying to get down. I stood up and faced Issac. "Issac.." I touched his face. I knew it's not him. But he didn't hurt me. I looked at his chest and saw a bullet stuck right near his heart. My heart.

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me. It was a soldier. He was carrying the little girl too. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the helicopter.

I turned around and saw Issac was still standing there with a bullet in his chest. "Issac.. No. Stop. We have to.." Before I complete my sentence, I heard few more sounds of shots. One of the soldiers who was in the helicopter shot Issac. Three times.

"No!!" I pushed the soldier who was holding my arm. I ran back towards Issac. "Issac!!" He was right at the edge of the terrace when I was about to hold him.

Boom. Another shot. And he fell of the building.

I couldn't save him. All I wanted was to hold him in my arms.

"Issac!!" I fell on my knees. All I see was his body falling. My tears started to flow. "Issac!!"